Auto rotation on ACDSee 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

zipper

May 27, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
Anyone knows how to turn on the auto rotation based on the image's orientation for ACDSee 7. I used to have this for version 5....but after upgrading to version 7.... seemed to lose this feature...

Anyone knows? :dunno:

Hmm, I didn't even know v5 had auto rotation! Would be nice to know if it can be done. Anyone?

This would have to depend on the cameras ability to record the orientation somewhere in the EXIF.

There is indeed an option to rotate according to settings in EXIF (the 4th button on the Rotate / Flip images dialog accessed from Modiy, Rotate / Flip (from the image view window). Cannot see a means to make it automatic tho.

Okay, I've found it, although I don't seem to find the menus you mention! It's certainly helpful I suppose, although not as ideal as real time application. Now if only I can get it to trawl through all the folders in my system and batch the lot :)

Royce said:
This would have to depend on the cameras ability to record the orientation somewhere in the EXIF.

There is indeed an option to rotate according to settings in EXIF (the 4th button on the Rotate / Flip images dialog accessed from Modiy, Rotate / Flip (from the image view window). Cannot see a means to make it automatic tho.

I found that it is possible to group rotate the pictures based on the pictures' EXIF orientation flag, and this will make the changes permanent.

However, in the older version it seemed to automatically rotate (temporary) the picture for viewing and the picture is still in the original stage.

:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.