Auto-focusing problem with DA21?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafone

May 13, 2004
SGP
Lately, many people have pick up the new k10d and started using it with some tiny primes like the DA21. It seems that some are complaining that there is a auto focusing problem/issue with this combination.

The "Online Photograher" blog describe this problem. http://theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com/2007/01/pentax-k10d21mmda-autofocus.html
And the DPreview forum also have many post on it.

I am wondering if anyone of you out there really has got this auto-focusing issue with DA21? Like not able to focus to infinity? out-of-focus when wide open at f/3.2? poor bokeh? Can those DA21 owner please share your experience... thanks!

I did mount this lens at CP to try it out. My impression is that it is a very sharp lens and the only thing I don't quite like is the color rendering when compared to FA lens. So what is wrong with it? Anyone?

Lately, many people have pick up the new k10d and started using it with some tiny primes like the DA21. It seems that some are complaining that there is a auto focusing problem/issue with this combination.

The "Online Photograher" blog describe this problem. http://theonlinephotographer.blogspot.com/2007/01/pentax-k10d21mmda-autofocus.html
And the DPreview forum also have many post on it.

I am wondering if anyone of you out there really has got this auto-focusing issue with DA21? Like not able to focus to infinity? out-of-focus when wide open at f/3.2? poor bokeh? Can those DA21 owner please share your experience... thanks!

I did mount this lens at CP to try it out. My impression is that it is a very sharp lens and the only thing I don't quite like is the color rendering when compared to FA lens. So what is wrong with it? Anyone?

i try one in JB ,it show me the correct focus and very sharp picture.before you buy just give it few more try loh.

i try one in JB ,it show me the correct focus and very sharp picture.before you buy just give it few more try loh.

I agree w/ Lee here, better buy this lens in a local store and test it out, make sure you get a good one :)

I had one on my Ds for a short while, quite a nice lens, sharp and contrasty. Color is abit different just like most other DA lenses, but for a wide angle lens, shouldn't be a problem I guess. Price is quite reasonable too. If you need a wide (but not super wide) angle lens, this is a great option.

Of course there is an FA20/2.8 and A20/2.8, both are great lenes. Hard to find though.

Cheers!

I agree w/ Lee here, better buy this lens in a local store and test it out, make sure you get a good one :)

I had one on my Ds for a short while, quite a nice lens, sharp and contrasty. Color is abit different just like most other DA lenses, but for a wide angle lens, shouldn't be a problem I guess. Price is quite reasonable too. If you need a wide (but not super wide) angle lens, this is a great option.

Of course there is an FA20/2.8 and A20/2.8, both are great lenes. Hard to find though.

Cheers!

Fengwei, but you didn't have any auto-focusing problem with your DS /w DA21 back then when you had it? The DA21 is so cute for the size of it and it will serve its purpose as a carry everywhere lens that is wide enough for general.

Sometime, there isn't a chance to test the lens when you purchase it through mail order/ebay. I own 13 lenses and none of it is purchased in singapore.

Any DA21 owner out there with problem in auto focusing?

how much was it in jb?

Fengwei, but you didn't have any auto-focusing problem with your DS /w DA21 back then when you had it? The DA21 is so cute for the size of it and it will serve its purpose as a carry everywhere lens that is wide enough for general.

Sometime, there isn't a chance to test the lens when you purchase it through mail order/ebay. I own 13 lenses and none of it is purchased in singapore.

Any DA21 owner out there with problem in auto focusing?

I didnt notice any autofocusing problem with mine, but I didnt do any chart test but real shootout. It worked fine on my Ds.

Don't have it anymore, cant test it on my K10D ...

Mine so far so good, haven't notice any autofocusing problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.