Auto-Connect USB


Status
Not open for further replies.

OlyFlyer

Senior Member
Mar 22, 2006
2,161
0
0
#1
Why call it Auto-Connect USB when it is not auto.

I have to select Control or Storage manually every time I connect my camera to PC. If I start Olympus Studio first, and select control then I start Olympus master, then I am not able to contact my camera, unless I switch the camera off and on and select storage. But then Olympus Studio will complain that I do not have a camera connected. For me this is 'Manual Connect USB' to 100% and a very irritating one. :sticktong

What do you think? Maybe you never use Studio or Master, so you don't care.
 

tao

Senior Member
Jan 7, 2005
3,770
1
38
Beach Road
#2
you are right, it is fully manual, not auto at all.
 

bernard

New Member
Jun 11, 2006
18
0
0
#4
My encounter of Olympus Master is that after downloaded from camera, but the pictures are not transferred to PC, have to use other method to download, very frustrated.
Anyone also facing the same issue......

:( :(
 

OlyFlyer

Senior Member
Mar 22, 2006
2,161
0
0
#5
bernard said:
My encounter of Olympus Master is that after downloaded from camera, but the pictures are not transferred to PC, have to use other method to download, very frustrated.
Anyone also facing the same issue......

:( :(
Are you sure you clicked on 'Transfer Images' button? Just seeing the small slide images is not the same as images downloaded from camera. You have to mark and then click on 'Transfer Images' button to download. Initially all slides are marked, so a click on 'Transfer Images' button will start to download all images.

I think Olympus Master is a disgrace of software design, nothing to be proud of, but it is working flawlessly and reliable as far as I know. If you have problem, I would suggest you uninstall, and then install with all the default settings and try again. If it still not working, contact Oly by phone or mail. They are usually very nice and helpful.
 

bernard

New Member
Jun 11, 2006
18
0
0
#6
OlyFlyer
Thanks for some pointers to the issue.
Shall try later, any way, already deleted the software and use other like Nikon software to downloaded, it worked perfectly. Unless, Olympus Master has superior functions for editing and other sort, may try it later, please advise.
Cheers
 

Jan 18, 2005
108
0
0
SG lahhhh
#7
bernard said:
OlyFlyer
Thanks for some pointers to the issue.
Shall try later, any way, already deleted the software and use other like Nikon software to downloaded, it worked perfectly. Unless, Olympus Master has superior functions for editing and other sort, may try it later, please advise.
Cheers
agree wif u bro, oly software not user friendly. it sucks. i'm still using nikon's. prefer using a card reader, i find it downloads faster. :D
 

OlyFlyer

Senior Member
Mar 22, 2006
2,161
0
0
#8
siaolang22 said:
agree wif u bro, oly software not user friendly. it sucks. i'm still using nikon's. prefer using a card reader, i find it downloads faster. :D
I agree, the Oly Master is not very user friendly but the Oly Studio is a different thing all together. I don't think you can control Oly camera or edit Oly RAW using N software. However, none of these has actually anything to do with the cameras Auto connect function. Correction, if it should Auto connect, at least Oly could have fixed to Auto connect to Oly software.

Master = :thumbsd: Studio = :thumbsup: E-500 Auto-Connect USB = :thumbsd:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom