AUTO art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yapster

Aug 12, 2006
Pioneer
www.flickr.com
Hi,
Just some shots done with my macro lens last night to share~ :)

Edited-6562forcs.jpg

Edited-6591forcs.jpg

Edited-6574forcs.jpg

I am wondering if the photo will look more interesting if you tilt your camera or place the AUTO art towards the left side of the frame. What do you think? Haha. If you try it, do let me know ah? :)

I am wondering if the photo will look more interesting if you tilt your camera or place the AUTO art towards the left side of the frame. What do you think? Haha. If you try it, do let me know ah? :)

Hi, qING~
When i took this shot, i wanted to show the suspension portion and the words.
Hmm...:think:
ok, got time i will try! Hehe.:bsmilie:

Hi, qING~
When i took this shot, i wanted to show the suspension portion and the words.
Hmm...:think:
ok, got time i will try! Hehe.:bsmilie:

OK. :) I am reading a book on composition and it talks abt the importance of where the subject is. Oh ya. Maybe you may also want to zoom out a bit. Otherwise, I think it will be a bit weird to put the AUTO art to the left of the frame. Have fun with AUTO art :bsmilie:

OK. :) I am reading a book on composition and it talks abt the importance of where the subject is. Oh ya. Maybe you may also want to zoom out a bit. Otherwise, I think it will be a bit weird to put the AUTO art to the left of the frame. Have fun with AUTO art :bsmilie:

Hehe, rules of third ah? I kinda like to break it sometimes. Hehe. ;p

Hi,
great exploration with the macro lens and with metallic subjects. My experience with such metallic subjects is that unless the finish picture is touched up, the macro lens will pick up unsightly scratches and marks naked to the eye during the shoot.

Hence, you might want to work upon retouching the images so they look more sleek- apart from just working in the composition and colors.

Just my 2 cents worth!:D

Hehe, rules of third ah? I kinda like to break it sometimes. Hehe. ;p

No. The book's name is "The Photographer's Eye" by Michael Freeman. You can borrow that from the library. :) There is a portion that shows the impact on the placement of the subject...

Hi,
great exploration with the macro lens and with metallic subjects. My experience with such metallic subjects is that unless the finish picture is touched up, the macro lens will pick up unsightly scratches and marks naked to the eye during the shoot.

Hence, you might want to work upon retouching the images so they look more sleek- apart from just working in the composition and colors.

Just my 2 cents worth!:D

Hmm, understood. Yup, the scratches are inevitable man. Actually, i normally dun re-PP after i post my shots. Cos i want to get feedbacks from others so i can look out for it the next time. I prefer to see my change in the way i shoot along the way. This is why my old shots in flickr were not re-PP. Haha, i will consider re-touching up these shots when i have time! Thanks! ;)

No. The book's name is "The Photographer's Eye" by Michael Freeman. You can borrow that from the library. :) There is a portion that shows the impact on the placement of the subject...

Is the book difficult to loan? Yup, i would like to read up on some books and articles. I am currently looking into lighting and HDR. ;)

Is the book difficult to loan? Yup, i would like to read up on some books and articles. I am currently looking into lighting and HDR. ;)

"The Photographer's Eye" by Michael Freeman is a great book. But you don't need to read that book. Your eye for composition is already :thumbsup:.

I like #2, but somehow dunno how to appreciate the other 2. Not sure why.

"The Photographer's Eye" by Michael Freeman is a great book. But you don't need to read that book. Your eye for composition is already :thumbsup:.

I like #2, but somehow dunno how to appreciate the other 2. Not sure why.

Yo bro, thanks for the compliment. :bsmilie:

hmm, my previous shots are mainly taken from street walkabouts. Seriously, i am not sure how to really "see" and compose in terms of closeup shoots (i won't call mine macro cos it is still shot at 1:1). I've heard that lighting plays a very big part in close up or macro photograpy compared to other type of shooting, is it true? Cos i feel in a very confined space, lights are very limited and when we closeup, tendency is our shadow will affect the lights coming in. Right to say that?:think:

Hmm, if you ask me, from these 3 shots, i personally choose #2 as abstract. As for personal preference, i prefer #1. Haha.:bsmilie:

Care to share why u prefer #1? I love #2

Somehow, I find #1 and #3.... a bit... dunno what to say...
Because I am totally clueless on what the item is, I cannot figure out what you want to achieve, trying to do a "product" shot or abstract?

Care to share why u prefer #1? I love #2

Somehow, I find #1 and #3.... a bit... dunno what to say...
Because I am totally clueless on what the item is, I cannot figure out what you want to achieve, trying to do a "product" shot or abstract?

Hmm, maybe because i personally like red (YNWA!!!) and i kinda like the metallic feel of it due to the reflectiveness. And also because, my focus on this keychain cum pen is the word "AUTO art".

Err, product shoot bro. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.