Auto Aligning

Jul 4, 2008
I had an idea while editing photos. Is there a function in some photo editing software, where they can read an input and make the photo adjusts itself horizontally or vertically at a click of a button? After all some cameras seem to have some kind of spirit level indicator. Or is there a setting in the camera which will leave such an input?


Senior Member
Jan 26, 2010
Adobe products like Camera RAW and Lightroom does have an 'auto' Upright perspective correction function, however does not work all the time and sometimes you might want the tilt intentionally. Not sure about other software...

Haven't seen any camera that can do auto perspective correction in-camera

Better get it right in the first place, either with the camera's level indicator or a hotshoe bubble level (and make sure they are accurate) :)

Top Bottom