Authorised Dealers

slademaster

Dec 12, 2010
Serangoon
Hi,
Is it alright not to buy from authorised dealers? Some shop mentioned in the site is not authorised dealers.

Is it alright not to buy from authorised dealers? Some shop mentioned in the site is not authorised dealers.
It's not about authorized dealers, it's about warranty finally. Some shops do not offer the imported sets for cameras but instead do their own importing. These parallel imports / gey sets do not come with official local warranty, the shop will offer shop warranty. Means: if something goes wrong you have to deal with the shop for replacement / repair. Depends on you whether you like this idea. Still you can go to the official Service Centers, but you would need to pay for everything. Check the websites for service charges.
I don't see any issues about getting an officially imported set from a non-authorized dealer. Just do your homework, read about the standard sales tactics to lure unknowing newbies, get a friend to accompany you. If you can strike a good bargain, why not?
Just keep in mind: even an authorized dealer is not a charity club. They want to sell, the more the better for them. Your interests are not theirs :)

Hi,

There are authorised dealers and there are authorised dealers. Meaning even if you do intend to buy from an authorised dealer, you should also research the reputation of the authorised dealer you intend to buy from. This may have a bearing on your buying experience. The same goes for not authorised dealers.

Good luck to your purchase.

Last edited:
Song brothers is authorized dealer. ;)

Buy from an Authorized Dealers - you can have peace of your mind...

:bsmilie:

this is the kind of advice that end up with people complaining about being ripped off on vitacon filters, or kena chop carrot.

http://www.nikon.com.sg/dealers.php

this list has bally photo, song brothers, please google to see how much peace of mind you can get when buying from these shops.

besides that, it also has best denki, challenger, courts.. peace of mind, oh, for sure, but you won't get the best price at these places for sure.

the list has good shops in clubsnap, e.g. tk foto, cathay, i-photo, ms colour... i won't consider alan photo a good shop but it's in the list... i would consider orient photo the favourite shop of mine in singapore, but it's not. slr revolution is another ok shop that i don't see in the list.