Authentic Kingston CF Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowspeeder

Feb 16, 2004
www.themenatwork.com
Not sure if anyone had this before. Today I just purchased a Kingston 1 GB CF Elite Pro. Went to the warranty/product verification at the Kingston website to key in the relevant details:

http://kingston.com/asia/verify/

Then I received this email saying that my CF card is not authentic:

ID Number: CF/1GB-SFE
Serial Number: TTXXXXX-0XXXXX0X
Email Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Store Name: XXXXXXXXXX
Purchased Date: 12/1/2005

The digital media product you inquired about is not an authentic Kingston
product. We suggest that you double check the information on the product
label. (Refer to the Kingston Verification website for details).

I did double check the product info and got the same email again. Should I bring this back to the store? Pls advise. :think:

you can try bringing back to the shop but i doubt they'll exchange if it's not found to be defective.

also you might wanna check with convergent systems, as they are the agent for kingston stuffs.

Good idea. Anyway I'm also going to convergent tomorrow to talk to them about my recently exchanged 1GB lexar card that has started to give "No Image On Card" problem.

Today I went down to convergent to change my Lexar card. I also told them about the authentic issue with the kingston card. They tried to verify it online like the way I did the day before. But unfortunately, the kingston online system is down. They said the card 'looks' original and in any case they will also service it if anything crops up.

Is the read speed fast btw? Elite Pro is not the fastest, but it's definitely not slow. I get about 5-6MB/s from my slow USB 2 card reader. I don't think crooks use fast flash chips. ;)

2100 said:
Is the read speed fast btw? Elite Pro is not the fastest, but it's definitely not slow. I get about 5-6MB/s from my slow USB 2 card reader. I don't think crooks use fast flash chips. ;)

It's a 50x card. Will be running some tests before ever using it on events.

Status
Not open for further replies.