Australian Open 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

terryansimon

Dec 19, 2007
Quahog, Rhode Island
anybody watching the tennis now? it's on for the next two weeks, and I am in love with every second of it.

so... who's watching and who are you barracking for?

my heart will always be with the utterly-useless-apart-from-his-serve Andy Roddick, but I guess he'll probably get beaten soundly and senselessly if he meets either Murray or Federer

as for the womens... I'm going with Ana Ivanovic. :heart::heart::heart:

anybody tennis fans?

nadal all the way

I hate andy murray and djokovic. Both cocky youngsters who have no class.

They should learn from Nadal and Federer

I doubt Murray is as cocky as Djokovic. I am being biased here, since he's Scottish... I mean British, and I am part British.

but I guess that's life. if you're good and cocky, I've got nothing to say because you've got the skill to show for it. but if you're crap and cocky (like myself)... well, a more thorough self examination would need to be carried out then I suppose!

on another note. Janko Tipsarevic got kicked out in today's round though. and so did David Nalbandian, who lost in a 5 setter to some unknown Taiwanese guy! I support underdogs so.... go Taiwan bloke!

Well Ana is out of the event liao......she is very inconsistent.

Too much sponsor promotions.

This always happens when you are at the top........greed always conquers it all. Managers and parents are always the number culprit in fallen players who just assume the top spot.

The only male player whom I have seen for the last 20 years who has been consistent until he retired was the great Pete Sampras. Winning almost every major except the French Open. Andre Agassi was the last player to have won every major but not on the same year. Rod Laver was the last man who did it in the same year. Now only player that can win all the majors is Rafael Nadal. The only major he miss out was the US Open last year.

Roger Ferderer has won every major except the French Open which he lost 3 times to Nadal in the last 3 finals. So the chances of Fedex getting the only major which has elluded him is if Nadal is not playing.

Last edited:
Now only player that can win all the majors is Rafael Nadal. The only major he miss out was the US Open last year.

Huh? Nadal didn't win the Australian Open last year right? If I'm not wrong, the winners for the 4 Grand Slam titles for 2008 were Djokovic - Australian Open, Federer - US Open and Nadal - Wimbleton and French Open ...

Last edited:
I like Djoker and Fedex and all the pretty women players. :D Too bad Ivanovic koed already.

Huh? Nadal didn't win the Australian Open last year right? If I'm not wrong, the winners for the 4 Grand Slam titles for 2008 were Djokovic - Australian Open, Federer - US Open and Nadal - Wimbleton and French Open ...

Sorry....you are right.....my bad. Anyway, by the way it is going, I think he will win this Aussie title to his collections.

nadal was quite spectacular in his last match.

I have never seen the ball curve sooo much and hit the line. His passing shots is just mind boggling.

Federer gone case liao. No confidence.... I hope Tsonga can play well. OR Monflis. It will be nice if Nadal and Tsonga can have a rematch. Tsonga was really unbelievable last year vs Nadal.

I hope Andy Roddick gives Djokovic a sound beating. I feel that there is still bad blood boiling over between the two of them since the US Open in 2008, when Roddick said (maybe jokingly) that Djokovic had SARS, anthrax, and bird flu after being asked about why Djokovic looked like he was feigning injuries and getting medical attention to delay a match. Djokovic replied in turn by beating Roddick in the Quarters, and then proceeded to piss the crowd off with his post match reply.

I really can't wait to see them two slug it out.

and oh.

Murray is out. which is quite sad coz I was hoping he'd do well this year. I just hope Tsonga goes far enough, and maybe win the damn thing.

as for the ladies. my looker of a player is out. but I still have my money on Dinara Safina, although with Jelena Dokic's performance against Alisa Kleybanova was commendable, and as an adopted Australian... I can't help but go GOOOOOOO AUSSIE!

Murray is all hype. He's good alright, he's improved physically this year but very erratic to say the least. When it comes to big matched he chokes.

Federrer all the way. :)

I like Federer a lot. his strokes and game play are mercurial.

I just hope he doesn't switch off, like what he did against Berdych. getting all high after beating an ex champion in Marat Safin, he decided to go for a walk about in the first 2 sets against Tomas Berdych.

I hope so too. :)

With regards to Berdych. He's no pushover man. If I'm not wrong, he's one of the few that has a winning record against Federrer.

urh. I thought Roger Federer has a 7-0 record against Tomas Berdych. maybe I heard wrongly.

okay I did hear wrongly. sorry! (=

anyway, Novak Djokovic is out of the tournament after retiring in the fourth set against Andy Roddick.

the winner of the Juan Martin Del Potro vs Roger Federer match will go on to meet Andy Roddick in the semi finals.

Last edited:
Fedex really needs to work on his fitness. He's visibly affected by the aussie mid day heat. During the Berdych match, once the evening shadows swooped in, he seemed to come back alive.

Nadal is my favorite. He has matured as a player, coming to the net more often, creating shots etc. That said, he is still largely a defensive player, albeit the world's best defensive player at that.

oouch.. just read djokovic retired....

anyway, im hoping finals would be fed ans tsonga...
and that nadal will lose to tsonga in the semi finals again...
then fed will win

urh. I thought Roger Federer has a 7-0 record against Tomas Berdych. maybe I heard wrongly.

okay I did hear wrongly. sorry! (=

anyway, Novak Djokovic is out of the tournament after retiring in the fourth set against Andy Roddick.

the winner of the Juan Martin Del Potro vs Roger Federer match will go on to meet Andy Roddick in the semi finals.

I could be wrong. :)

Fedex really needs to work on his fitness. He's visibly affected by the aussie mid day heat. During the Berdych match, once the evening shadows swooped in, he seemed to come back alive.

Nadal is my favorite. He has matured as a player, coming to the net more often, creating shots etc. That said, he is still largely a defensive player, albeit the world's best defensive player at that.
NADAL all the way and FEDEX will be not win if he does not get his act together although he white was the Argentinian in the quarter finals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.