Australia - Which Lens?

liionel

Jun 4, 2007
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi all, I'll be heading to Melbourne this week and it'll be my first trip. Decided to make the most of it and will be bringing my D800.

I'll be staying for 6 days, and will be visiting the Great Ocean Road as well as Philip Island. I'll also be visiting some Cafes and hopefully capturing some of the streets and culture of Melbourne.

In Summary, I'm currently thinking of bringing my 14-24 and 24-70, but I'm not sure if that will be an overkill (and will it kill my shoulder). Anyone can advise? If it had to be one lens, I'll be leaning toward the 24-70.. but whenever i think of missing out on those landscapes at GOR and Philip island.. Sigh.

Feel free to advise, thanks!

24-70 is good enough. 14-24 gets u lots of coverage but makes it difficult to focus on a subject. If u see a busker on a street u might not need to cover everything around him.

I went to taiwan recently with mum and we go by tour group. I am using a7r n the e mount 24-70 was always on it. I brought along the 16-35mm f2.8 and use it when got time for it. Like when before or after day trip, or during extra time which required ultra wide angle lens.

So, bring both, keep the ultra wide n use the 24-70 mostly. When require, then use ultra wide lens. Especially on landscape or tall building etc. :D

Hi all, I'll be heading to Melbourne this week and it'll be my first trip. Decided to make the most of it and will be bringing my D800.

I'll be staying for 6 days, and will be visiting the Great Ocean Road as well as Philip Island. I'll also be visiting some Cafes and hopefully capturing some of the streets and culture of Melbourne.

In Summary, I'm currently thinking of bringing my 14-24 and 24-70, but I'm not sure if that will be an overkill (and will it kill my shoulder). Anyone can advise? If it had to be one lens, I'll be leaning toward the 24-70.. but whenever i think of missing out on those landscapes at GOR and Philip island.. Sigh.

Feel free to advise, thanks!

24-70. But anyway Philip island is nice and calm ^^ I been there before.

Hey all, sorry for not acknowledging any replies! All very helpful. In the end I brought both lenses, but I used the 24-70 for most of my shots. 14-24 was only used at GOR's 12 apostles and cape otway's national reserve. More for landscapish shots. Ultimately found the 24-70 to be more than sufficient! Thanks everyone :)