Aussie drug trafficker hung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
found from the news that the family's lawyer said that his mother was touching his hairs and face. MoF has said the govt has allow, as an exception, holding of hands. i am quite sure prison dept has video taped the contact moments. further clarification expected in the coming days.

TMC said:
The guy is dead, give the matter a rest.

I wish the Aussie press would give the matter a rest, am so fed up with their hypocrital attitudes and that of my fellow Aussies.

Ian said:
I wish the Aussie press would give the matter a rest, am so fed up with their hypocrital attitudes and that of my fellow Aussies.
\

On the bright side, have to thank the Aussie press for indirectly helping Singapore spread awareness to the world about Singapore's zero tolerence to drugs. We'll see less traffickers coming to Spore after this incident.

Ian said:

They've really played up the human emotion to the hilt haven't they, with choice words to ensure maximum sympathy for him, and depicting the Singapore government as inhumane/barbaric? They forgot one word - sovereignity. It is fortunate that the Australian government still remembered that Singapore has the right to enforce her own laws.

To be fair, opinions down here were divided almost right down the middle whether he deserved to be hung. But ultimately it is the media, not the man in the street, that reaches out to the masses.

r32 said:
It is fortunate that the Australian government still remembered that Singapore has the right to enforce her own laws.

what can aussie garment do even if singapore goes ahead with execution without their general consensus? :think: pre-emptive strike? :bsmilie:

no man is above the law still holds.

it is just like some say communism is a perfect system, while some say democracy and other said republic! it is a different POV that places different value on different system.

r32 said:
They've really played up the human emotion to the hilt haven't they, with choice words to ensure maximum sympathy for him, and depicting the Singapore government as inhumane/barbaric? They forgot one word - sovereignity. It is fortunate that the Australian government still remembered that Singapore has the right to enforce her own laws.

To be fair, opinions down here were divided almost right down the middle whether he deserved to be hung. But ultimately it is the media, not the man in the street, that reaches out to the masses.

the word they are forgetting is CRIMINAL. they treat him as if he was one of those unfortunate terrorist hostage. Hello, he is a CRIMINAL, not a VICTIM. what an insult to do things like observe a minute's silence. jeez.

hwchoy said:
the word they are forgetting is CRIMINAL. they treat him as if he was one of those unfortunate terrorist hostage. Hello, he is a CRIMINAL, not a VICTIM. what an insult to do things like observe a minute's silence. jeez.

It doesn't surprise me. Some of their ancestors are criminals away. Only criminals treat a fellow criminal as a hero.

USA and China also have capital punishment but they got no balls to screw them. SG small country, can try their luck. And why they only speak up for their fellow aussie only? Din the death penalty been in place for long? So that means aussie's life worth more than others? Death penalty=backward thinking? So racist=forward thinking?

Duh! What a bunch of losers. But to be fair, half of them think differently.

afbug said:
It doesn't surprise me. Some of their ancestors are criminals away. Only criminals treat a fellow criminal as a hero.

I don't think that's a very nice thing to say about another nation. I agree with giving the matter a rest.

DaNi3L said:
I don't think that's a very nice thing to say about another nation. I agree with giving the matter a rest.

You should have read about those nice things they said about our nation. :)

afbug said:

USA and China also have capital punishment but they got no balls to screw them. SG small country, can try their luck. And why they only speak up for their fellow aussie only? Din the death penalty been in place for long? So that means aussie's life worth more than others? Death penalty=backward thinking? So racist=forward thinking?

your remark are totally uncalled for imo. as with any where in the world, there are the good, the bad and the urgly.

so what you are saying is we must always be on the guard when is a person has an ancestor that had commited crime?

what is your objective of stating this remark? does it helps to bring more understanding between nations are otherwise?

have you any aussie friends?? is this how you feel towards them??

Maybe should close the thread , let's move on liao ..... in case a flaming war will erupt . World Peace ~! :bsmilie:

afbug said:

Don't know about China but US does not carry out capital punishment for drugs offence.
IMO one of the reason is that Aussie thinks that drugs trafficking is no big deal.

denniskee said:
your remark are totally uncalled for imo. as with any where in the world, there are the good, the bad and the urgly.

so what you are saying is we must always be on the guard when is a person has an ancestor that had commited crime?

Huh? Did i say that?

denniskee said:
what is your objective of stating this remark? does it helps to bring more understanding between nations are otherwise?

My objective is to convey how i feel about some of those comments said about SG on all this hooha. Bring more understanding? Get real, a single post will not help much IMHO.

denniskee said:
have you any aussie friends?? is this how you feel towards them??
Yes and they dun change my view towards them. I said 'some' i did not say all. I am refering to those racist remarks and anti-SG comments by some aussie i've read. Again i said 'some' Pls read and interprete what i've wrote carefully.

But dun worry, i've got my flame suit on. Want to flame me, go ahead. :)

afbug said:

that is definitely not nice to say. strongly recommend you take it back.

The matter has already come to a close. Hope this incident would raise awareness about consequences of drug trafficking not just in Australia but in other countries too!

Alright everyone. Give it a rest ok? The guy's been hung, the Australian doesn't have anything better to howl about so case closed ok?

Anyway, the media of a certain country does not represent the views of all the people in that country. Keep this in mind. Their job is to create juicy content. So for all you know, those Aussies who didn't kick up a fuss over this matter were excluded from the media reports etc.

So like I said once again, case close ok?

Sukoo said:
Don't know about China but US does not carry out capital punishment for drugs offence.
IMO one of the reason is that Aussie thinks that drugs trafficking is no big deal.

No leh, i am not talking about capital punishment for drugs offence but capital punishment as general for other serious offences.

No, i dun think aussies thinks that drugs trafficking is no big deal. To them, its just not humane to kill a person for any offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.