Aurora Borealis

filmoman

Nov 19, 2011
Anyone has been to Norway and caught THE northern lights? Perhaps can share photos and tips... thank you! I went there last year photos was badddd hahaha.. will upload soon.!

some help with PP tips? i got neat image to get rid of noise but not so sure to effective utilize it..

Have you tried adjusting the exposure between +1 to +2? then apply some feathering effect from photoshop itself to put some punch on the image..

sorry still infancy stage of PP.. whats feathering? haha

Anyone has been to Norway and caught THE northern lights? Perhaps can share photos and tips... thank you! I went there last year photos was badddd hahaha.. will upload soon.!

Perhaps you could share what setting did you use, and perhaps we can work from there...

I caught some during my trip to Finland this year. You could see it in this forum thread.

Last edited:
Perhaps you could share what setting did you use, and perhaps we can work from there...

I caught some during my trip to Finland this year. You could see it in this forum thread.

mann.. i just start this new hobby, been seasoned traveller, only just got a dslr.. anyhow.. i have yet to touch my RAW images.. i have no idea what to do with them...

you photos are just amazing!. i did the dog sled too at tromso tho!

i was using 60d 18-200m F4.5-5.6

i still cant get over how super sharp and detailed your photos are!

hi filmoman, when u went to view Aurora last year? is it frequent to see the North light?

ya i could use some tips too
I'm going to iceland to shoot them
1st time i i don't want to mess it up

ya i could use some tips too
I'm going to iceland to shoot them
1st time i i don't want to mess it up

hi, when u going to Iceland?

Redsun said:
I'm planning to go sometime in Oct
prob 17th onwards

Good luck to your pursuit of the northern light! I was told that the higher chance of seeing the aurora borealis is to go there during the 1st quarter of the year.
I was in Europe in October last year but I decided not to go far north(Norway) because there was only a small chance of catching this wonderful northern light during that time of the year.

Last edited:
Good luck to your pursuit of the northern light! I was told that the higher chance of seeing the aurora borealis is to go there during the 1st quarter of the year.
I was in Europe in October last year but I decided not to go far north(Norway) because there was only a small chance of catching this wonderful northern light during that time of the year.

ya in Iceland it lasts from sep to april
hopefully i'll get to see them!

Im going to hunt the northen light at Finland coming December. Hopefully can see it.

woghhh......

Cool!!!!!!!!!!! it's really beautiful!! good pics!

If anyone has been camping at spaceweather.com (and their aurora gallery), you will have noticed that since Sept, Aurora has been sighted everywhere in the usual countries, and at times in the not so usual countries.

Great time to head northwards to catch them - more solar winds/CME due to sun flares are expected!