Aurora Australis at New Zealand

fozosix

Nov 2, 2009
Is new zealand actually a good spot to view aurora?

how well this place compare to norway, canada and iceland?

BrownBoots

Jul 21, 2011
Singapore
I would also be interested to know about any experiences of seeing the Aurora in New Zealand. I have read it is possible at the southern tip but never knew of anyone who actually saw it there.

If it's true, this could present a much affordable option than going up the Arctic Circle.

Really dying to see it again after my encounters with the stunning lights from my Europe trip.

May 5, 2009
it is possible to see aurora at southern tip of New Zealand, but only when the activity is strong, from what i read online, aurora only visible in southern NZ only a few times a year, which is far less frequent than going to see it in places like Tromso Norway.

fozosix

Nov 2, 2009
miaoteh said:
it is possible to see aurora at southern tip of New Zealand, but only when the activity is strong, from what i read online, aurora only visible in southern NZ only a few times a year, which is far less frequent than going to see it in places like Tromso Norway.
Nice info..thanks!

K S Kong

Dec 11, 2007
www.flickr.com
U went before?cant seem to find ticket to there.. If u went,care to share the itinerary?
You can fly from Benjin/daily 1 fly (3hr) or Haerbin/daily 1 fly (1.30hr). remember only go @ Summer time.

cheesy

Aug 31, 2010
it is funny that the aurora will only happen in summer. like June, July, and August?

Oct 30, 2007
Aurora is strongest in the winter months. I have seen it many times over the last 15 years flying near Alaska and Canada.

cheesy

Aug 31, 2010

Top Bottom