Auntie a newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.

MumSon

Apr 18, 2009
Temasek Island
Hi everyone,

Homemaker auntie wanted to learn for spare time. ;)

Cheers,
Mrs. Au

welcome to ClubSnap.

hope you enjoy your stay, and your new found hobby.

and tell us more about yourself, like what you like to photograph..

I used to snap my kids and landscape with my compact cam. But i want to learn something more. I love photography since young but with all kind of excuses i never get started. Now, my eldest son (10yrs old) shares share interest with me. So I should learn and guide him later. Hahaha... never too late to learn, right?.... gambate :D

welcome to CS! newbie myself. think it's cool that parents and their children can share the same hobby. keep shooting! cheers

Thanks. I want to invest a DSLR. Should i buy new or 2nd hand? I m tempted to buy Nikon D90, but thinking of my son will he be able to handle with care. :(

Thanks. I want to invest a DSLR. Should i buy new or 2nd hand? I m tempted to buy Nikon D90, but thinking of my son will he be able to handle with care. :(

welcome... if u want to buy 2nd hand... dnt get anything more ex than 250-300... otherwise look around within family to get a pass-me-down one...

otherwise i propose new one... cos newer one is better as technology is ever improving.. no point paying anything for than 500 for a used and old technology camera... whether or not u need tat technology doesnt justified paying for a used and old one...

the above is how i feels... bcos i was looking around for used set late last year till early this year... i cant get one that is reasonably priced to me...

lucky for me, during this searching period... i manage to secure a pass-me-down one and now learning how to use it...

You can buy a 2nd hand DSLR and handover your PnS to him..

when you're experienced and understands the limitations of your tool, you can invest in a new and better DSLR and handover your old DSLR to him, which he maybe another few years older and can handle the camera with care.

Hi everyone,

Homemaker auntie wanted to learn for spare time. ;)

Cheers,
Mrs. Au

Hi i nnoob too. My name's *Samantha*. nice 2 meet u :)

I used to snap my kids and landscape with my compact cam. But i want to learn something more. I love photography since young but with all kind of excuses i never get started. Now, my eldest son (10yrs old) shares share interest with me. So I should learn and guide him later. Hahaha... never too late to learn, right?.... gambate :D

Get a 2nd hand first in case the rest also want to hands on. Until fundamentals are implanted, then this 2nd hand camera can say good bye or pass on to junior. Just like toys, 1 toy everyone wants it.

welcome to CS :)

i suggest getting a smaller, lighter & cheaper camera first
as later your son would want a camera of his own

maybe the D5000

Hello, hello,....
I was trying to figure out many things.... hahaha slow learner like really take time...
1st i m trying to load my favourite kids photos but still searching and i want to know how does everyone knows that i m here... woohaha :D

Hi Mrs Au,

Welcome to CS!

There are many ppl willing to help here. When you are unsure even after reading, you can always ask.

Cheers.

I would say, have a trip to the nearest library with your son and pull out all related photography books and read together with your son. This would be one step forward in your learning journey, next would be deciding what kind/brand/model of camera you want. You said you are tempted with the D90, but did you ask yourself why that only? Did you consider other options? 2nd hand is not bad, you might really get some gems from there too. Just need to patient and keep browsing the pages till you get what you want.

Hello, hello,....
I was trying to figure out many things.... hahaha slow learner like really take time...
1st i m trying to load my favourite kids photos but still searching and i want to know how does everyone knows that i m here... woohaha :D

so easy...just go to ur thread n see ur green light :)

anyway how u came across CS?

I agreed to buy good used set but it is not easy to get one instantly. I have been looking for one, till now still searching. Not to complain i m picky but most of the sets offer rather high.

I agreed to buy good used set but it is not easy to get one instantly. I have been looking for one, till now still searching. Not to complain i m picky but most of the sets offer rather high.

wat cam u lookin? btw, u using D90 ah?

Yeah, wanted to buy D90. Now, looking for a good offer. Y D90? Cos i like the feature D-movie. Nowadays, almost all compact cam and even hp have this feature. I m afraid i will regret when i need it, eventough DSLR are more for good photos

Thanks jlkk76,
I did a lot of homework on how to use and what is the advantages of using DSLR. I got to know CS from hardwarezone forum. I was weighing pros and cons of buying new and 2nd hand set. I had tried to feel 450D and D90. Maybe DSLR always think of Nikon... Any shop recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.