Audio House

La Fontaine

Jun 12, 2008
Jalan Poonpipi
So far, I have shopped at Harvey Norman, Best Denki, Courts. But not Audio House. Recently, I noticed that Audio House has got pretty big at Liang Court.

I am not talking about buying camera or other photo related stuff.

In the past, I have heard bad things about Audio House from colleagues and friends. One colleague told me that he was there one hour after the store opened, the offer item was already sold out. What a disappointment.

Wonder if anyone got bad experience there?

I was there a few days ago. The big store was like so quiet, despite the Christmas shopping season.

if i not wrong, they close their Sims Drive outlet... shift to Bendemeer and also expand Liang Courts...

hasn't the AH at Liang Court been this size for the past 2-3 years?

what sort of other bad experiences have you heard?

for camera equipment, almost all their prices are higher than the reliable shops in Funan etc. which is typical of megastores in sg...

Audio House advertises unrealistic low prices with a small print that says you only get a rebate that equates to a discount to get the low price, if you can guess the winning 4D number sometime (maybe in the immediate following week) after your purchase.

It turns you off.

My personal experience, I got my TV cheap from them, but not the HDMI cable...

Interestingly, they quoted a HDMI cable for $180, and then act as if it's a good will to give 50% discount... I found that same cable (same brand, length, material) from Challengers for 1/3 of the discounted price.

I personally feel that if you're going there to buy stuff, do check out the rest of the outlet first, you may get cheaper alternatives...

Audio House advertises unrealistic low prices with a small print that says you only get a rebate that equates to a discount to get the low price, if you can guess the winning 4D number sometime (maybe in the immediate following week) after your purchase.

It turns you off.

If I can guess the winning 4D number, after winning, I won't border about the discount at Audio House liao.:bsmilie:

This is just sheer gimmick. I remember during the World Cup, there was something like guessing the winning team to get some super-duper discount. I dun wanna to waste my time on this.

My personal experience, I got my TV cheap from them, but not the HDMI cable...

Interestingly, they quoted a HDMI cable for $180, and then act as if it's a good will to give 50% discount... I found that same cable (same brand, length, material) from Challengers for 1/3 of the discounted price.

I personally feel that if you're going there to buy stuff, do check out the rest of the outlet first, you may get cheaper alternatives...
This sounds very familiar - like those shops in Sim Lim. Like those guys who bought their lens and kenna chop for a VitaCON filter.

For example, when Courts give an great offer for LCD TV, they have got ample stock in their store and they can deliver it the next day or just cash and carry. And they have it in all their numerous outlet.

I hate ah

wanted to buy a washing machine there a few mths ago, audio house same price as harvey norman despite repeated bargaing, can't even waive the delivery charge. in the end bought from harvey norman, got free vouchers some more. there is probably good for its range of models on display so you can see and feel the thing physically.

Customer service from there :thumbsd:

i rather get from harvey norman.

My sis-in-law was looking for a notebook computer and I recommended the Lenovo Thinkpad Edge13 which is on off at Audio House. The offer price is really fantastic at $799 for a professional grade notebook that it pretty light for ladies.

I told her that I dun have good impression of Audio House, but there is no harm trying, as their Bendemeer store is near her office.

And presto, she bought it without any hassle at that real bargain price. Well, that might change my opinion of Audio House.

ricohflex said:

It turns you off.

If I can guess the 4D, I might as well buy 4D from Singaporepool, better winning.

Never really bought camera from AH, but bought my TV, AV Receiver, Fridge, Washing Machine, Oven from them, better price as compare to Court.

My sis-in-law was looking for a notebook computer and I recommended the Lenovo Thinkpad Edge13 which is on off at Audio House. The offer price is really fantastic at $799 for a professional grade notebook that it pretty light for ladies.

I told her that I dun have good impression of Audio House, but there is no harm trying, as their Bendemeer store is near her office.

And presto, she bought it without any hassle at that real bargain price. Well, that might change my opinion of Audio House.

Got to see that notebook physically when she brought it to me to install some software for her. Now, when I see it and feel it, I was telling myself that I would have bought it myself if my own notebook were to be old enough to get a new one. Great thing is that this 13inch notebook is actually and practically a full-fledged notebook, with a screen just 1 inch smaller than the standard 14inch affair. The SU7300 processor is good enough for most purposes. In short, it is cheap, it is light and can perform normal work.

I thought you are only require to guess the last digit of the top prize number? It's not high chance but 10% is still better than 0.01% right?

ricohflex said:

It turns you off.

Cowseye said:
I thought you are only require to guess the last digit of the top prize number? It's not high chance but 10% is still better than 0.01% right?

Exactly the reason why I walked out years ago after hearing you need to guess the correct number only AFTER purchase, never been visiting them since.
And it's a mere 10% as you've stated. It is 90% chance that you're buying at full MRRP.
Thumbs down.

For me, their advertisements on cameras as well as hi-fi are but bloody crap :angry: Worse than SLS imo & geared towards chopping carrot heads for those attracted to their silly "after rebates" prices & those ultra rich living nearby :D

So far I've bought several household electronics from them (LCD TV, HD recorder, etc)... No problems whatsoever...:dunno: Between them and SLS stores... I prefer AH anyday when shopping for TVs... But not PC/Laptops or DSLR/Cams...these I prefer SLS (for PCs) and DSLRs from known retailers (that don't chop carrots)...

Last edited: