Attn: Members of Club Snap

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmondnwj

Jun 11, 2008
Tiong Bahru
Hi all,

One quick question. Are post-processed photographs appreciated here?

Almost all pics here are post-processed....

it depends on the extend of post processing and how well the processing is done.

you giving us the impression that post processing is a sin in CS! haha.. Post processing has already been a part of any photographers' life. We do appreciate PP works, unless you've overdone it.

Thanks for all input thus far.

I just wanna have an idea of the community here. In case there's a majority of strict photographers who hold fast to the art/essense of photography - specifically, the process of taking a photograp. :)

Thanks for all input thus far.

I just wanna have an idea of the community here. In case there's a majority of strict photographers who hold fast to the art/essense of photography - specifically, the process of taking a photograp. :)
Every image is post processed somehow. Even in the old times, just by putting the negative into the enlarger you immediately start a post processing work to some degree. If the paper was exposed a little more or a little less the final print would look different. It would be stupid and snobbish to say no post processing is allowed, and in fact, the differenece between an amateur and a more serious amateur or a pro is the fact that the more you know the more you work in the lab as well. It is not always possible to take an image right from the start and post processing is a way to show the skills necessary to be a good photographer as well. Personally I try to do as little croping as possible and try to compose right. That increases the number of used pixels and the quality, but I do post process if needed. I am not a pro, just a guy with 37 years of serious SLR experience, including development, printing and every part post processing includes.

Actually, sometimes when "excessive" and over-the-top post processing can make for really cutting edge shots. It's really subjective lah. I can't make a stance on this because it really depends on the subject, it's content, and the context.

And oh, for thread headers, can you please put something that describes what you intend to discuss, instead of sensationalist headers such as this. Thanks.

OlyFlyer - Thanks for the insights!

synapseman - Just trying to address everyone who's here :bsmilie: will definitely use a specific Title in future post.

Status
Not open for further replies.