Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldbird

From this thread.

You have been deregistered before for your troublemaking past in CS and we have tolerated you by having you registered in your new nick. However,you seems to be bent on taking issues with admin and moderator esp me (as I was the one who first dereg you a couple of years back ). You want to be here you follow OUR rules, if not please leave. In this case we are evicting you since you cannot tolorate too.... good riddance to bad rubbish!

We have put in alot of our time $ and personal resources for the good of this community, organsing 1st Fri talk @ SAM , Live at SAM all for free and at who's time and $ - ours! we even did Ganbatte Japan and raise $ for the Tsunami victims. What have you done Alan? just type the keyboard and criticise and talk bad about the mod and admin. Its is frustrating, facing rubbish like you and some others, that made many do not want to take up our offers be moderators here. We do not even ask for gratitude or any hint of gratefulness ... . To people like you we just give you a special treatment ie. the same type of treatment you give us. I personally do not take pleasure in dereging ppl here but I also do not aim to be a mr nice and popular in this forum too. We just do what we need to and remember we are also human and have temperament too.

Chngpe01,

you have always use your moderator rights and just shut people up. Have you ever reflect on your words and actions? Have you actually thought about how other forummers feel when you complain that I don't appreciate the mods?

You say I am a trouble maker. I have always treated people with respect in all my posts which is more than I can say for you. Look at my initial post. In what way was I rude to you? You just went berserk. I think everyone can see for themselves. In what way has I belittle the contributions of the mods? Must the mods be correct in EVERY SINGLE CASE?

You say you spent a lot of time organising things while people like me did nothing. What is CLUBSNAP? Is it a place where we organise events like Ganbatte, photography talks or is it first and foremost a forum where people gather and share PICTURES and POSTS about photography.

I think it your high and mighty viewpoint that you have forgotten it is we the OLD BIRDS of CS that really have helped CS reached its present state. Is our time spent on the forum any less important than the time you spent organising "events"?? Frankly, I think your post is just plain rude and totally belittle the contributions of CS forummers .

You said I do nothing but "just type the keyboard and criticise and talk bad about the mod and admin". I have came back to CS in Jun 2009 and since then I have distinctly try not to comment about mods although many times I feel like putting in my 2 cents. All I did mainly was just post my travel pics/videos and discuss about cameras for close to THREE YEARS.

BTW I got deregistered in 2008 for argueing that moderators should not anyhow close threads. History has shown that I was right. Camera comparison threads are here all the time in CS. So why was that thread closed in 2008? Should not I get a reprieve?

h ttp://www.clubsnap.com/forums/faqs-feedback/364273-camera-comparison-disallowed-cs.html

What do people in CS wants? I am not sure about others but what I want is a friendly forum where people can gather and share their views, good or bad. It is a forum where we can share pictures we have taken and get feedback from people. That is secondary to "events" , "talks" that you are so proud about.

Seriously, that is all gone. Take a look around you. How many old birds in CS you still recognize from 2004? Is it just only ME who is the trouble maker?

Seriously, if you get all those disillusioned old birds to gather in another forum, we could probably give CS a run for its money. Unfortunately, there is no coordinated actions.

What have you done Alan? yeah, i was 1 of the founding member, not happy u leave lor, no one owe you anything. every threads they close must give reason? you think they robot? you think they work 24/7? get real.

Last edited:
There are so many members using this forum and most of them don't have any problem with the moderators.... only a handful of you whom get deregistered for whatever reason. I don't think anyone is abusing their moderator rights, why don't you think harder what are the reasons moderators close your threads for?

basically i see the mods as fair. you do something wrong, you deserve to get it. i've gotten infarctions, and i know i deserve them because i did things that were incendiary.

you, on the other hand, and honestly i'm not happy with you either, is that when we're discussing about certain topics (and this is just one of the many things you've done to stir up negative emotions) is to bash Sony cameras and their service center. the latter you just did i believe a couple of weeks ago, and another time while we were discussing the X100 in the fujifilm sub-forum.

i have no idea what beef you have against Sony cameras, but keep it to yourself. i don't know what your intentions are but if you're trying to make us all fight against one another, then i believe you should be permanently banned.

mai complain lah.... why dont we all gather together and take pictures and coffee???

I miss the olden days...

Go set up your own forum

To add-
Yes, then perhaps you will begin to understand why you are deregistered, why the moderators/admins are so frustrated & upset by the actions of some who do not understand but who like to argue & debate, like they think this is what it is all about.

Set up your forum & lay down your own rules. Then there will come a joker, a trouble maker, a complain king, a debater & an activist. One of them said something defamatory against another person or organisation. Next minute, top lawyers serve you legal papers to demand this & that from you, failing which you have to appear in court. You think you did just say hey I am only a businessman/adminstrator who own/run a forum, I am only a messenger not the writer, dont shoot me! I am not responsible for whatever is going on here, go find those who you think defamed you? Bro, the lawyers will ask for the owner of the forum & put him down as a co-defendant, he is equally, if not more responsible for the defamatory remarks. Why? Someone utters/write something defamatory but the owner is the one who published &/or allows it to be published in a media thats read/viewed by thousands of people. Each & every day the defamatory remarks remain in the forum, the more serious will be the consequences for you, the heaver the penalties will be when the time comes for you to pay the price. You are prepared for all these, you are willing to go through the whole legal process? You have & are willing to spend the time, money & energy for all these? All because someone JUST DONT GET IT & refuse to obey your rules? And another goes on talking about freedom of speech, of fighting for our rights, or pointing out who is behaving nicely or who is not etc? This has nothing to do with anonymity. What happens if the lawyers demand that the owner not just remove the defamatory remarks, but to shut down the forum altogether. Would you be able to protect anyone or everyone there? You think the joker, the trouble maker, complain king, debater, activist are all going to support you or that they can even stand firm on their own feet?

So, please think through & consider this again carefully. I do hope you get the gist....... I am just speaking as someone standing at the side who sees & say it as it is.

Btw, I know you are quite a nice guy, not one who is crazy & intent on the destruction of self & others. Indeed the photos you posted are lovely & I believe many, like myself, have enjoyed them. Many of your posts are circumspect & helpful too. Except for this blindsideness when it comes to speaking up & fairness, fighting for freedom & rights. Kindly reconsider & I sincerely hope there's maybe a way you can be welcomed back into this community. Do not act or speak like there's an axe to grind.

Last edited:
GENO said:
mai complain lah.... why dont we all gather together and take pictures and coffee???

I miss the olden days...

Best post of the year... :)

Good night everyone. Sleep early.

I miss the olden days...

photoshoot/kopi gathering sounds gd.... pls go ahead and organise one! :)

Yes, I love coffee & hear stories & reminisce about the good old times from the old birds :)

Last edited:
basically i see the mods as fair. you do something wrong, you deserve to get it. i've gotten infarctions, and i know i deserve them because i did things that were incendiary.

you, on the other hand, and honestly i'm not happy with you either, is that when we're discussing about certain topics (and this is just one of the many things you've done to stir up negative emotions) is to bash Sony cameras and their service center. the latter you just did i believe a couple of weeks ago, and another time while we were discussing the X100 in the fujifilm sub-forum.

i have no idea what beef you have against Sony cameras, but keep it to yourself. i don't know what your intentions are but if you're trying to make us all fight against one another, then i believe you should be permanently banned.

You had infarctions for farting on CS ......... I had them for trying to stop people from doing it ...... :p

Last edited:
Below is the PM i had with Alantkh/Oldbird

oldbird said:
Simon,

I just spent quite a long time crafting my reply to Chngpe1. Even if you deemed it not suitable for posting in the forum, would you be kind enough to at least forward it to Chngpe1?

Thanks,
Alantkh

Simon said:
He have the access to read it if he choose to.

Go read my post:
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/kopitiam/1060109-attitudes-moderators-admins-cs.html#post7785415

And also the comment by the TS in regards to what I have posted.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/kopi...professional-services-member.html#post7781823

oldbird said:
I have read your post and I find your explanation reasonable. but the tone is very different from your original post. Don't you find your original post a little rude? I think the mods/admins have to try to be civil to everyone else. I do try too. Chngpe1's always say Mods has feelings too but don't forummer's have feelings? Given the level of provocation by Chngpe1's language, I think should give him a nasty reply, don't you think so? Furthermore, this time round my original thread was not targeted at him but at your post below.

Don't you think the tone of mods/admin is impt? shouldn't they above everyone else try to be polite to others? I think I don't know all the behind the scene history in the original hotshoe thread, but really no one does except the admins. I am the only person who is propably stupid enough to post my thoughts against the admin but other people will feel that TS do not deserve such rude treatment.

Frankly, if you see my history, I never had made a post/thread that caused CS any problems at all either as Alantkh or wind30. neither have I insulted other CSers contrary to what Chngpe1 believed. Ask chngpe1 to show me a post where I insulted other people or voilated CS's rules? The issues I had is always with "arguing" with the mods over issues like thread (OTHER PEOPLE's) closures. The issues were NEVER my own threads/posts.

Simon said:
Rude? I took the time to draft and post the message which i am not obligated to do so.

My original post was for the TS and anyone involve in that thread as TS has receive Legal Letter by the mention party.

How others feel about TS being treated and the reality of what’s happening has not been verified. What I have posted is hard to swallow, but is the truth and hard facts.

You do not go into someone house/office, not happy with their services; thereafter post your unhappiness at the front door mocking your fury.

The Title and Tone of your post “Attitudes of Moderators and Admins in CS” has earned enough mileage for an immediate ban. In respond to your post, we do not find chngpe01‎ language being rude or being provocation.

If I happen to be informed of your Post, my action would to immediate Ban you and I will not post any explanations.

With the huge numbers of members we have here, and the numbers of rubbish/spams/complaints threads we need to clear daily, no mods or admin whom volunteer for the jobs need to justify to every actions we implement.

Every actions Mod or Admin perform, we have a standard set of SOP to follow. No one are allow to do anything base on their own judgement.

Growth up, the web is not everything about your/my life; look at difference side of the stories before making comments, just because it is just so convenient to do so in front of the keyboard.

I will be posting our communicated message online.

oldbird said:
will you give the the right of reply after you post my message online?

I have looked at both sides of the story. I think on hindsight, I should have sent you a PM. Would the outcome be different? Would you have come to a conclusion that your initial post was unecessarily rude?

It is always the same excuses. Mod/admins are busy. They don't have time to be polite. You are a guest in Someone's house. What is CS? Is CS made up of the members or Admins? In 2004, I never felt I was a guest in someone's house. Mods/admin were never so rude.

Will you allow me to advertise an alternative to CS like ******* in Clubsnap? Maybe this will attract all the trouble makers away and you will have more free time. It will also solve my problem if ******* actually has enough traffic to make it viable for me to post my pics and discuss cameras.

oldbird said:
you want to subject the above to an anonymous poll in CS? You actually think Chngpe01's post is more polite than mine and has no provocation?

common.... did you even read my post? Where in my post is it provocative or rude?

Chngpe01 has called me rubbish directly to my face. Isn't that cause for slander? In what way am I rubbish? I post pics in CS, I contribute posts in CS. Is organising events more important that participating in CS?

I really want to call Chngpe01 names but I will not resort to that. As I said, I do try to be civil to EVERYONE. even Chngpe01.

Please post my reply online. people will judge.

Simon said:
Just leave ClubSNAP an be where you feel you will be happy and appreciated at.

As the person who started the original anti-NSC & hotshoe thread... could I plea live & let live for both the mods & Alan?

It is understandable why you, Alan, are angry and I do not deny feeling slightly about how chngpe's replies were at the very least... overly direct, crude, accusative-ly toned & extremely straightforward (sorry chngpe)... but essentially he didn't for most parts wrongly accuse me (except the confusion and crossfire with regards to my lack of precision & clarity about the service manager/senior lady/zhabor/not-jonathan-nor-james-person)... so if you express too strongly your deeper feelings on the forum you'll surely be on the losing end.

But as I said pls all for this time live & let live.

Can we get back to service quality & how to improve it? I still wish to keep my 4 nano lenses. I went to look for 5D3 at cathay just now already.

Last edited:
You say I am a trouble maker. I have always treated people with respect in all my posts which is more than I can say for you. Look at my initial post. In what way was I rude to you? You just went berserk. I think everyone can see for themselves. In what way has I belittle the contributions of the mods? Must the mods be correct in EVERY SINGLE CASE?

oldbird,

this is what you posted; "Second thing, frankly, the only reason I am staying in CS and tolerating the attitude of the admin/moderators here is because this unfortunately is the only LOCAL Photo site that has appreciable traffic for me to post my photos."

basically you are complaining about the attitude of ALL the admin/moderators here. have you treated the mods and admin with respect as you have claimed?
what have i done as a mod to deserve such a rude attack from you?

pls reflect upon your own actions before attacking the actions of others.

cheers,
z.

Last edited:
.....I hope that oldbird does not get deregistered a second time ........ If he does, then shouldn't be calling himself lao chiao.......... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
.....I hope that oldbird does not get deregistered a second time ........ If he does, then shouldn't be calling himself lao chiao.......... :bsmilie:

i hope he complains less, and contributes more, then we can all make CS a nicer forum for all. :bsmilie:

I am new to clubsnap. However the way I look at it, people have their own style in communicating with others. I believe some people like to talk direct and some people trying to avoid any direct comments. Remember that you are reading words, not listening to the speaker directly. The way you interpret any posting is based on you own point of view. When you find that it is rude/offensive, it does not mean that other people will feel the same. Like the diction that people choose, example: some people think that rubbish is a rude word. Based on my own experiences, most of my friend use rubbish as a daily word. At first, I do not fell comfortable with it. However, after a while, it is just another word through my ear. Remember in the writing, there is no tone. You as a person decide what tone you want to put in each sentence.

As you said, Clubsnap is a community. So it is not you who decide whether someone is right or wrong in the eye of ClubSnap. How many people actually say that moderator is wrong? 50% of the whole members? If the more than 5-10% of members complain about it, i believe that moderator will take an action. However, if it is not even 1%, how many complaints do they need to listen everyday?

Remember that they are the only defend that this forum has. If somebody make a problem (for example:somebody put some false informations online) and some companies decide to sue ClubSnap. They might prosecute Mod and Owner, not us as members. So it is other people house until you own it.

Hope that I do not hurt/offence other people feeling. Sorry for my bad grammar and diction (english is not my forte). Just my 2 cent.

Last edited:
As long as there's human contact in a community (real life or online)...there'll be conflicts.
We can only resolve/prevent a problem/conflict by understanding why it happened...hope everybody will learn something from the following articles...I know I did :)
Conflict Management In Community Organizations, L-701
The Social Media Wave » Blog Archive » Community Conflicts Prevention Or How to Avoid Coming to Blows
The Social Media Wave » Blog Archive » The Typology of Community Members

Robinson and Clifford (1974) advocates "managing conflict toward constructive action since a conflict can seldom be completely resolved." When conflict arises, we need to be able to manage it so that it becomes a positive force, rather than a negative force threatening to disrupt the group or community. As Parker (1974) notes:

Conflict not managed will bring about delays, disinterest, lack of action and, in extreme cases, a complete breakdown of the group. Unmanaged conflict may result in withdrawal of individuals and an unwillingness on their part to participate in other groups or assist with various group action programs.

Cheers & Peace!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.