Attire for photographers doing wedding and ROMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luval

May 29, 2003
East
www.lutherseowphotography.com
Hello,,

like to ask for all wedding and ROms photograhers to give your views on this thread.. cos i be soon going to help few friends of mine tio covwer for their ROMs soon.. 1 is in a hotel and the other one is at fort canning..

Just like to hear from some of the seasoned shoooter out there for their advice .Cosi dun wan to be out of dressing for such event as they close long time friend s of mine..

okii.. let start the ball rolling

For me, as long as it is something presentable and comfortable will do. Normally is shirt/t-shirt with jeans :)

Ivan11 said:
For me, as long as it is something presentable and comfortable will do. Normally is shirt/t-shirt with jeans :)
yeah.. same here. except i like to wear this particular cargo pants that i have, so more pockets to put stuff like batteries and lens caps! ;)

at night, for banquet, i will change to maybe a long sleeve shirt, those casual ones, tuck out. see my mood lar. if i'm feeling hot, just a shirt/polo. :thumbsup:

main thing is to be comfortable. even for the day, i have a pair of slip on shoes, how to describe ar, it's not a shoe, but it's not a slipper... ahhah. anyway it's easy to get in and out of houses fast. :)

How about wear the same type of clothing that the guests wear? That way you can blend into the crowd and get your shots. ;)

wholly agree. some photogs have a thing against formal clothing and look really conspicuously underdressed during dinner shots.

nickmak said:
How about wear the same type of clothing that the guests wear? That way you can blend into the crowd and get your shots. ;)

jOhO said:
yeah.. same here. except i like to wear this particular cargo pants that i have, so more pockets to put stuff like batteries and lens caps! ;)

at night, for banquet, i will change to maybe a long sleeve shirt, those casual ones, tuck out. see my mood lar. if i'm feeling hot, just a shirt/polo. :thumbsup:

main thing is to be comfortable. even for the day, i have a pair of slip on shoes, how to describe ar, it's not a shoe, but it's not a slipper... ahhah. anyway it's easy to get in and out of houses fast. :)

it actually a good ideal.. when i din a event during nov .. altough i din ahve cargo pants .. i wentto bought a small pouch so that i can put a WA lens and memory card.. as ifor battery .. i got more than enough power for my flash

Luval said:
it actually a good ideal.. when i din a event during nov .. altough i din ahve cargo pants .. i wentto bought a small pouch so that i can put a WA lens and memory card.. as ifor battery .. i got more than enough power for my flash

but do you all lunk your xcamera bag along ????

i've worn anything from tshirt+jeans to suit,jacket+tie :bsmilie: it depends on the occasion really.

it is good to dress in what you feel comfortable with, but sometimes you have to compromise. i know of a photographer who showed up at some business conference, only to be told by the client to 'Get out! Just get out!', because he wore his favorite torn jeans and dirty sneakers. :dunno: maybe he gave the impression he was trying to look cool, rather than being serious about his work.

that said, i'm never one to judge the quality of a person's work by his outer look. to me, i'd prefer jeans+t shirt anytime. for most wedding/rom, a shirt (long or short sleeves doesn't matter), a pair of clean denims/pants would do just fine. you don't want to look too shabby though, for the sake of the clients. (where you find that..photographer ah?must be cheap)

think ROM, most likely is just polo tee and maybe a nice jeans or pants will do... wedding, depends on the payment, if they pay good money, can invest in nice clothes liao.

Luval said:
but do you all lunk your xcamera bag along ????

Ya, i carry my bag from place to place, upon reaching bride/groom's house i will find one 'safe' corner to place it. As for hotels/outdoors event, i carry it around most of the time, if not will hide it under table/concealed area/room where the bride and groom put their barangX if they are my friends etc. :)

Whatever you feel comfortable shooting in.

Also depends on the location of the shoot, wearing slippers & berms for a 5-6 * hotel is of course seeking death.

Jeans are normally fine for me.

As for me, I would prefer to overdress than to underdress. Esp for those shooting events, pls be very careful when you are shooting for Jap companies. Personal experience is tt they are VERY PARTICULAR about the attire, even though you may just be a photog. A no-no for jeans and t-shirt if you're shooting their company D&D. :nono:

Personally, shirt & pants for day wedding. Plus a tie for the dinner reception.

ROM: Something less formal but presentable. Maybe a polo-shirt and jeans. ;)

Dressing well also shows that you are respecting the occasion, the client and most importantly, yourself as a photographer. :)

Cheers! ;)

nickmak said:

great advise, always ask your client the dress code!

Luval said:
but do you all lunk your xcamera bag along

????

depends, for D&D yes and for wedding dinner just place it with one of the sisters. (guys tend to ogle over your gear). My recent wedding i got a overzealous 'brother' crazy over my gear. for houses just place in a safe area where ppl will not trip on it.

Belle&Sebastain said:
depends, for D&D yes and for wedding dinner just place it with one of the sisters. (guys tend to ogle over your gear). My recent wedding i got a overzealous 'brother' crazy over my gear. for houses just place in a safe area where ppl will not trip on it.

What gears r u using that cause ppl to ogle over? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.