Attention all potential customers of Big! By Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

funksoulava

Oct 21, 2002
Visit site
The above refers to the Safe superstore at Harbour Front called ‘Big!’.

I received a Christmas present from a friend which was purchased at the above-mentioned. Co-incidentally, we bought the same item two weeks back and therefore have no need for a second one. Since the item was purchased on 21/12, within 7 days of the exchange period, we headed down to the store for an exchange yesterday.

Upon reaching the customer service counter and telling them what happened, their reply was that all exchanges within 7 days with the original packaging intact, if not due to manufacturing defects would be subject to a 10% administrative charge. Meaning to say we would receive a credit note which is valid for a month, less 10% of the original purchased price.

I have not encountered this before at other electrical stores and am writing this to all who plan to make a purchase there either for themselves or for others. You may wish to reconsider making your purchases elsewhere with a ‘no questions asked’ or similar exchange policy if you foresee that you might want to exchange your item for other things or your gift to a friend may be a duplicate, as in our case.

I commend them for having a sensible business policy to help counter excessive 'spurious' returns.

But I still won't shop at SAFE because of the generally horrible customer service I had encountered in the past.

funksoulava said:
The above refers to the Safe superstore at Harbour Front called ‘Big!’.

I received a Christmas present from a friend which was purchased at the above-mentioned. Co-incidentally, we bought the same item two weeks back and therefore have no need for a second one. Since the item was purchased on 21/12, within 7 days of the exchange period, we headed down to the store for an exchange yesterday.

Upon reaching the customer service counter and telling them what happened, their reply was that all exchanges within 7 days with the original packaging intact, if not due to manufacturing defects would be subject to a 10% administrative charge. Meaning to say we would receive a credit note which is valid for a month, less 10% of the original purchased price.

I have not encountered this before at other electrical stores and am writing this to all who plan to make a purchase there either for themselves or for others. You may wish to reconsider making your purchases elsewhere with a ‘no questions asked’ or similar exchange policy if you foresee that you might want to exchange your item for other things or your gift to a friend may be a duplicate, as in our case.

Recently you been into a lot of problem.. think it time to get "ti kong" to "pao yu" liao..:p

i think in US this is called restocking fee? i guess the best thing we can give our friends would be vouchers...so they can buy anything they want.

Ya. It is very common for restocking fees in the US. If you want to exchange it or reject it, why open it? Once you open it, its not new anymore. The store had to repackage it and it cost $$$.

afbug said:
Ya. It is very common for restocking fees in the US. If you want to exchange it or reject it, why open it? Once you open it, its not new anymore. The store had to repackage it and it cost $$$.

The item was not opened at all.

Maybe u can pre-alert yr friend what present u want before next christmas, so he can buy the "correct" present for u. :bsmilie:

Astin said:
Maybe u can pre-alert yr friend what present u want before next christmas, so he can buy the "correct" present for u. :bsmilie:

Bro Austin, like that a bit obvious right? Wait I will :embrass: :embrass: :embrass: muahahhahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.