Attachment to pro photographer


Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2006
36
0
0
#1
i'm very keen to learn from the pro on how 2 shoot.is it a fewasible idea to work upon? Btw any one got any lobang?
 

shuee88

New Member
Dec 11, 2005
1,253
0
0
Yew Tee
www.facebook.com
#5
Yeah man.. a lot of ppl looking for teacher to teach... anyone kind enough to let us do attachment with them or teach us a skill or two? =P
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#6
First thing, what you want learn? I mean what subject interest you most?
Second thing, find out who is good or best in this field.
Third thing, contact the person, ask him/her to be your mentor.

But before that, you must learn all your basic photography first, many working pros willing to share with you thier craft, but don't expect them to waste time teach you start from basic photography.

Hope this help.
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,857
15
38
really MORE diaper changes
#7
waddah ya folks hope to learn from the working pros? how to operate ur cams?

as much as i admire ur desire to learn, the sad truth is dat most (if not all) of the local working pros dun have the luxury of time to hand-hold apprentices and teach them photography. i knew a few PAs from my time in CS, and most of them are pretty good photographers (in their own right). they spend time learning abt photography from courses, books, seminars etc... spend time building up their portfolio (most of the folks i know are in fashion photography) before they go knocking on doors of the working pros and hopefully get a position as either a lowly-paid or even unpaid PA (as a starter) b4 working their way up... if they make the cut.

joining as a PA doesn't mean u get to shoot. heck. u are lucky if u get to start by carrying lights (and we are not talking abt setting them up...). i'm exaggerating? nope. heard of stories of people who start off by changing CF cards to working pros (or if they use film, changing rolls)? only if u proved to be reliable and trustworthy, then perhaps u might be given a few solos by the pro to prove ur worth.

then why do people aspire to be a PA to them? for the simple reason of observing the working pros up close and personal. if they make the cut, from there they build their own contacts in the industry b4 striking out on their own... if they survived dat far. and we are talking years, not wat i think u folks have in mind of a few mths/days/weeks?
 

scanner

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,608
0
0
Visit site
#8
nightwolf75 said:
waddah ya folks hope to learn from the working pros? how to operate ur cams?

as much as i admire ur desire to learn, the sad truth is dat most (if not all) of the local working pros dun have the luxury of time to hand-hold apprentices and teach them photography. i knew a few PAs from my time in CS, and most of them are pretty good photographers (in their own right). they spend time learning abt photography from courses, books, seminars etc... spend time building up their portfolio (most of the folks i know are in fashion photography) before they go knocking on doors of the working pros and hopefully get a position as either a lowly-paid or even unpaid PA (as a starter) b4 working their way up... if they make the cut.
Maybe you guys can start PAing NightWolf. ;)
One way to start off learning is to join outing oganised by the CSers here.
Definitely, you will pick up some tips and tricks from them.

As what nightwolf have mentioned, those professional don't have time to guide/teach you guys... Maybe Nightwolf can... ;)

Oh, BTW, I'm just a newbie. What I've stated above is just my own opinion... ;p
 

#9
scanner said:
Maybe you guys can start PAing NightWolf. ;)
One way to start off learning is to join outing oganised by the CSers here.
Definitely, you will pick up some tips and tricks from them.

As what nightwolf have mentioned, those professional don't have time to guide/teach you guys... Maybe Nightwolf can... ;)

Oh, BTW, I'm just a newbie. What I've stated above is just my own opinion... ;p
would want to PA nightwolf if got chance too!.

Hi Scanner newbie. :bsmilie:
 

scanner

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,608
0
0
Visit site
#10
Errz said:
would want to PA nightwolf if got chance too!.

Hi Scanner newbie. :bsmilie:
Here come another wedding pro...
Arlo PRO! :lovegrin:
And please don't suan me.. de newbie... :embrass:
 

#11
scanner said:
Here come another wedding pro...
Arlo PRO! :lovegrin:
And please don't suan me.. de newbie... :embrass:
:bsmilie: i never say u..u wanna say me first har!

I wanna PA pro that shoot Fashion/product shoot/Studio shoot/etc etc. Not a must to let me shoot anything. anyone? heh
 

scanner

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,608
0
0
Visit site
#12
Errz said:
:bsmilie: i never say u..u wanna say me first har!

I wanna PA pro that shoot Fashion/product shoot/Studio shoot/etc etc. Not a must to let me shoot anything. anyone? heh
Because I don't have anything to be said mah, Pro...:sweat:
BTW, I'm not that greedy, I only want to be your PA and learn from you shooting wedding leh..
Can teach?:lovegrin:
 

May 19, 2006
36
0
0
#13
scanner said:
Because I don't have anything to be said mah, Pro...:sweat:
BTW, I'm not that greedy, I only want to be your PA and learn from you shooting wedding leh..
Can teach?:lovegrin:
who is good with sports photography? how can i find him?
 

LittleWolf

New Member
Jan 23, 2005
1,095
0
0
Singapore
#14
corporal007 said:
i'm very keen to learn from the pro on how 2 shoot.is it a fewasible idea to work upon? Btw any one got any lobang?
If you want to enlist the services of a professional to teach you something, I think the most straightforward way is to ask them for their tuition rates. I'm sure if you're willing to pay rates that are profitable for a professional, you will find someone.
 

raptor84

Senior Member
Dec 6, 2005
4,726
1
38
Singapore
www.furry-photos.com
#15
Maybe its the type of photography that I specialise in but if you only want to learn how to take better pictures in a certian area like sports or nature, it can mainly be self taught. Just go to the library and borrow books related to the subject or even just look at photo books for good shots.

Look critically at the pictures you like and ask yourself what about the picture you like. Then use what you learn form other books that teach you techniques to try to achive what you feel looks good. The main issue here is practice. Keep shooting and reviewing your photos. Ask youself if you managed to achive what you wanted or why certian photos did not turn out well and learn form those mistakes.

I find that you are less likely to emulate someone elses style if you teach yourself form scratch. Then again if you copy the pictures you see in the books too much it just might happen..
 

scanner

Senior Member
Jan 24, 2002
1,608
0
0
Visit site
#18
corporal007 said:
go on outing session?do you think it helps?
Of course, it help.
What raptor84 had pointed out is something which you could start with.
If you need people to guide you or benefits greatly from outing, at least you need to know the basic as well as the kind of shots you wish to achieve and developed. ;)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom