Status
Not open for further replies.

epia

Oct 14, 2004
Singapore, Simei
zelcadence.org
Hmmm, I checked out Nikon's website and under stats it reads

Attachment size: 62mm

Is the attachment size the dimension of the lens at the end where we add filters?

Yep. The information page of each len will list the attachment size. :)

Oh, so I need to buy some UV filters for all my lens (of different dimension)? :embrass:

Oh ya, whats the cheapest (of course quality must be acceptable) lens for a 300mm? Or rather recommended 300mm lens?

All lenses should be protected with a filter for the front element, exceptions are for the bigger lenses which uses rear filter attachment instead. So yes, you need a filter for every len you own :)

Cheapest 300mm, acceptable, would be the 70-300ED Nikkor, it's very light though, have problems holding it without shaking. :)

Wow, whats the cost of a UV filter normally? Or is the price range very big? :sweat:

Also.. usually buy polarising for wide angle lens only right?

Depends on the thread size, normally rule of thumb is, the larger the thread size, the more expensive it gets. There are cheap and there are expensive ones, simply put, you get what you pay for :)

Polarizer can be used on any len that want to shoot and cut off excess glare & light, if you only intend to use polarizer on WAs then get the size for WA, but do remember to get a slim on as some will cause vignetting on WAs.

Hmm, what is the recommended UV filter's brand and it's cost ? Lets say for a 50mm f1.8..

Maybe can give me pointers for my setup?

18-70mm ED IF f/3.5-4.5G
AF 50mm f/1.8D
Tamron 28-75 f2.8

Ok, I'm confused ... these are "newbie" type questions, but your website shows a pretty solid body of work ... is this a Jekyll-and-Hyde thing ? :dunno:

Hmm.. I won't call my work solid... Only gone into photography for less than 1 month so cfm lots of things to learn from experienced photographers here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.