Atomic bomb photography

It would be an expensive career as the camera must be 100% mechanical with no electronics inside unless it comes with a EMP shield which is good for only one attack.
A basic atom explosion has a immediate kill zone of 10km diameter with the fallout at 100km diameter (not counting the radioactive particles being carried off by the wind).
In order to photograph it, you need to be well over 20km without being hit badly by the soundwaves.
It's probably easier if you just simulate the explosion on a PS3 and take a screen capture, safer and cheaper. ;)

:eek: definitely not for the faint-hearted...

LOL we're already basking in radiation from the sun's gamma rays xD

this kind of radiation is nothing compared to the one given off by atomic bomb.

either u get instantly roasted to bits if u are too near, or ur children suffered from deformities and others side effects of the radiation.

this kind of radiation is nothing compared to the one given off by atomic bomb.

either u get instantly roasted to bits if u are too near, or ur children suffered from deformities and others side effects of the radiation.

So the best option is to do atomic bomb photography after giving birth :bsmilie:.

wonderful documentary. very well presented.

Thanks for sharing!

Since on this topic, share my favorite blast pic
Nuke_Test.jpg

I believe it's one of the pacific tests (Eniwetok?) but failed to id which test the pic is taken from.
:)

good one...but i'll pass. being near to a nuke exploding is not healthy, although it will be very very cool with an extra patch on ur shoulder saying u survived a nuke blast...is there?

Since on this topic, share my favorite blast pic
Nuke_Test.jpg

I believe it's one of the pacific tests (Eniwetok?) but failed to id which test the pic is taken from.
:)
French Direction des Centres d'Experimentation Nucleaires (DIRCEN) thermonuclear test codenamed "Licorne" (Unicorn) detonated with a yield of 914 kiloton on the 3rd of July 1970 in Dindon, Mururoa Atoll - a part of the French Polynesian island groups. ;)

[vid]8p9wcQ7Nfek[/vid]
YouTube Video ID No. 8P9WCQ7NFEK

The expanding ring of condensed moisture is known as a Wilson cloud, typical effect of nuclear devices detonated in humid tropical regions.

Last edited:
hmm...if u think about it...a nuclear explosion is just a big assed explosion...that can be created by a massive fuel-air explosion. something the size of jurong island to produce several kilotons of tnt?

hmm...if u think about it...a nuclear explosion is just a big assed explosion...that can be created by a massive fuel-air explosion. something the size of jurong island to produce several kilotons of tnt?
Why would you settle for something more when you can settle for something less? :think:

The holy grail is in antimatter, just 1 gram of it annihilating with its normal matter counterparts will release the destructive power equivalent from twice to thrice that of the Little Boy gun-type fission bomb dropped on Hiroshima which contained 64.1 kg of Highly Enriched Uranium (HEU) 235 (85%).

Though with the current level of technology, it will take approximately two billion years just to produce that 1 gram of antimatter at a cost ranging from trillions to even quadrillions worth of US dollars.

Last edited:
Why would you settle for something more when you can settle for something less? :think:

The holy grail is in antimatter, just 1 gram of it annihilating with its normal matter counterparts will release the destructive power equivalent from twice to thrice that of the Little Boy gun-type fission bomb dropped on Hiroshima which contained 64.1 kg of Highly Enriched Uranium (HEU) 235 (85%).

Though with the current level of technology, it will take approximately two billion years just to produce that 1 gram of antimatter at a cost ranging from trillions to even quadrillions worth of US dollars.

unless in hollywood style, some scientist has an accidental breakthrough? then we'll be kept on our toes.

Are you talking about the positron particle accelerator in France, heard they haven't flip the switch yet. Something about having to do some more last minute calculation.

good one...but i'll pass. being near to a nuke exploding is not healthy, although it will be very very cool with an extra patch on ur shoulder saying u survived a nuke blast...is there?

You can go to the e-mart (physical store) and buy one of those patches, look for NBC (39SCE) but don't say I say one. Btw, you can't buy the one that has a star on top of it. It's for regulars who went oversea training only :thumbsd:

Are you talking about the positron particle accelerator in France, heard they haven't flip the switch yet. Something about having to do some more last minute calculation.
If you are referring to the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), it has been operational since 2008 though it had been shut down for quite a number of times. ;)

Some claimed that the LHC was sabotage by Sarah Conner who had came back in time from the future. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
9V-Orion Images said:
If you are referring to the Large Hadron Collider (LHC), it has been operational since 2008 though it had been shut down for quite a number of times. ;)

Some claimed that the LHC was sabotage by Sarah Conner who had came back in time from the future. :bsmilie:

Not bad, you know your stuff well.
I don't think it's Sarah Conner, she's suppose to be locked up in cockoo-land during that time.
But operational is a very subjective word as it did not achieve the targeted goal before going into a shutdown.
Anyway, if they manage to churn some antimatter out of that donut then a H-bomb would be considered as a child's play.