ATM in Eastern europe (Feedback needed urgently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kia-Kit

May 20, 2007
Anyone here ever experience in drawing cash from ATM in Eastern Europe? I am leaving for Poland and some Eastern Europe countries. I was told that the ATM machines in Eastern Europe work with 4 digit PIN number only and it won't work with 6 digit PIN number. Any feedback and advice?

Anyone here ever experience in drawing cash from ATM in Eastern Europe? I am leaving for Poland and some Eastern Europe countries. I was told that the ATM machines in Eastern Europe work with 4 digit PIN number only and it won't work with 6 digit PIN number. Any feedback and advice?

Hi Kia-Kit,
Poland ATM works fine with 4, 5 and 6 digit PIN.
There are two ATM machines in the airport (side by side).
They are located just before the exit (facing the exit, on the right hand side, 50m).

If you're UOB 1-2-1 premium member, you can withdraw 3 times outside singapore without any admin/transaction fee.

ATM is the cheapest way to get cash as it is based on VISA rate but without the surcharge of VISA. (just turn-over your VISA statements, then you can read that for overseas VISA bill, there is a 2% surcharge).

bon voyage.

hi,

the machines can work with more than 4 digits as a pin for terminals that have the cirrus maestro or visa plus function or any relevant one that you have on your atm card.

depending on your bank.. the surcharge will be different. the use of cirrus maestro anywhere on posb is $5 per transaction, but visa plus on ocbc etc its pro rated at a percentage.

Kia-kit,
Just a small tips on currency conversion, just in case you withdraw too much poland currency or any other Eastern country currency:
#1 when you have euro and you wanted to change to their currency:
NEVER change in the train station or airport. These currency exchange store knows that you have lot's of Euro and they will take advantage.
So, MUST always change at the bank to get the best rate. (better still get from ATM).

#2 when you're leaving the country and you wanted to change back to Euro:
Now, you can change at the train station or airport or the bank. The rates are similiar.

BTW, for the ATM, there is a withdrawal limit similiar to singapore, each time is S$1000 and each day is S$2000.

Hi chialc and psychobiologist,

you guys have been a great help to me. Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.