at least 40 Csers born on 1st Jan???

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
there are at least 40 Csers born on 1st Jan?? wow!

reachme2003 said:

11,619 members, 365 days in a year. Do the math ;)

erwinx said:
11,619 members, 365 days in a year. Do the math ;)

your line of reasoning is only valid if every member posts their date of birth in their profile. random checking of 10 members reveals 6 out of 10 post theirs. so, 60% of 11,619 = 6,971 members post their dob. 6,971 divided by 365 days = 19 members per day. 40/19 = 210%

so, 40 is 'unusually' high than the average. i have done my math.

if only every registered name is a unique person. Some registered more than one username...

Could it be that the default birthday setting is 1 Jan? So some members just leave it as it is during registration. :)

reachme2003 said:

Welcome to Clubsnap the newest and youngest bunch of baby photographers.

If they are born of 1st Jan, they are hardly 1 day old and can't open their eyes yet.

I bet they would die to post something on this thread once their fingers are strong enough to hit the computer keys.:sweatsm:

reachme2003 said:
your line of reasoning is only valid if every member posts their date of birth in their profile. random checking of 10 members reveals 6 out of 10 post theirs. so, 60% of 11,619 = 6,971 members post their dob. 6,971 divided by 365 days = 19 members per day. 40/19 = 210%

so, 40 is 'unusually' high than the average. i have done my math.

wah, your mathematical reasoning is evidence that your logical thinking is on the strong side. yet i'm surprised you haven't guessed why so many people have their "birthdays" on 1 jan. it's one of the most convenient days to choose as a "birthday" to report to the system if you are not willing to divulge your true birthday (and yet let others know how old you are).

Sion said:

If they are born of 1st Jan, they are hardly 1 day old and can't open their eyes yet.

I bet they would die to post something on this thread once their fingers are strong enough to hit the computer keys.

:bigeyes: :bsmilie:

karwing said:
Could it be that the default birthday setting is 1 Jan? So some members just leave it as it is during registration. :)

True. :thumbsup:

Sion said:

I bet they would die to post something on this thread once their fingers are strong enough to hit the computer keys.:sweatsm:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

frcfyp said:
wah, your mathematical reasoning is evidence that your logical thinking is on the strong side. yet i'm surprised you haven't guessed why so many people have their "birthdays" on 1 jan. it's one of the most convenient days to choose as a "birthday" to report to the system if you are not willing to divulge your true birthday (and yet let others know how old you are).

:bigeyes: :bsmilie:

kum sia, kum sia! the convenient date of 1 Jan was on my mind since my first posting. note the inverted commas in the word 'unusual' . one can still let others know one's birthday without revealing one's age.

Status
Not open for further replies.