Asus EEE PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hommie

Oct 11, 2004
Singapore
Anyone have their hands on one?? At $600, its very attractive! :bigeyes:

big_a3.jpg

Yes, I am using one, the black one though......4GB Solid State HD, works very well, and built in WiFi and camera. Skype comes with it and Open Office (copy of microsoft office)......

Some of my friends installed Windows XP on it

HS

saw some touch screen mod... seem interesting... but too bad, the hdd just too little for me to get excited.
If you need HDD space try to look at the Kojinsha at Funan, there is a shop I think on the 3rd floor......

I only use this for webbrowsing overseas and in town, very lightweingt and feels like carrying a book only......I think this is the main usage idea

HS

the screen size is too small. see too long will affect your eye performance when you focus on the model.

Anyone have their hands on one?? At $600, its very attractive! :bigeyes:

[/IMG]

sg eeepc mods are only quite mild. google eeepc hacks or mods and you'll find people adding internal GPS, bluetooth, 56k modem, FM audio transmitter, 4gb USB flash drive and 801.11a/b/g/n. I say it's rather extreme. :thumbsup: great stuff to the spirit of DIY

The latest news is that Asus is developing 8", 9" & 10" LCD screen for the next generation Eee PC! I think I'll hold out for the 10'-9' version.

anyone running adobe photoshop on it?

i ran CS3 on it, no problems.

but just that its a little hard to do any form of meaningful photo editing due to the screen resolution.

but then again, this machine's primary function is for web browsing and simple work... =)

anyone running adobe photoshop on it?

it can be done. but like statix said, not worth the effort installing. i get by with the free microsoft photo editor. for photo displaying tho, it's actually quite good. :)

I'm waiting for the Cloudbook (http://www.everex.com/). Has a 30GB HD and a longer battery life (5 hours). Just hope it does not cost much more that the eeepc.

Saw the cloudbook look alike at AAA SLS. It's Packard Bells brand. 7" LCD. Weird is the mousepad located near LCD.

I ended buying the 4gb 512mb ram 64mb vRam Eee PC, 4gb SDHC, and ext hdd. Going to use these for my Melbourne and Europe trips.

Had the WinXp Pro full version installed with full CS2, MSoffice for winxp, TrendMicro Internet Security 2008, Veoh player, irFanview photo editor, TCPMP audio/video player, IE7.

All full programmes run pretty smooth. No jerky movie; Tried editing photo with CS2, it's similar with desktop except the resolution max at 800X600.

Except for TrendMicro IS, Most programmes were installed to the SDHC card.

Think this is a good replacement to the photo storage device.

Saw the cloudbook look alike at AAA SLS. It's Packard Bells brand. 7" LCD. Weird is the mousepad located near LCD.

I ended buying the 4gb 512mb ram 64mb vRam Eee PC, 4gb SDHC, and ext hdd. Going to use these for my Melbourne and Europe trips.

Had the WinXp Pro full version installed with full CS2, MSoffice for winxp, TrendMicro Internet Security 2008, Veoh player, irFanview photo editor, TCPMP audio/video player, IE7.

All full programmes run pretty smooth. No jerky movie; Tried editing photo with CS2, it's similar with desktop except the resolution max at 800X600.

Except for TrendMicro IS, Most programmes were installed to the SDHC card.

Think this is a good replacement to the photo storage device.

bought a 1 terabyte external hdd to go along? :lovegrin:

comparing eeepc ($700) vs std basic notebook ($880) ....
besides weight (1kg vs 2kg) and size, i still feel that a full pc is still more worthwhile to have ...:think: esp we play around with images...

Status
Not open for further replies.