- Jul 19, 2012
Volunteers from the local astronomy community here in Singapore is coming together to collectively bring to the public the Comet Lovejoy Party & Telescope Display 2015 (CP2015) event on 10 January 2015 (Saturday).
This is held in conjunction with Comet Lovejoy's close encounter with Earth as well as the opportunity for the public to savour and look through the largest collection of privately owned telescopes (over 50!) all in one single location. Whether you are a complete novice, photographer, or amateur astronomer, you will be able to catch sight of the comet through a variety of telescope instruments, as well as mingle with the local astronomy and astrophotographer communities (get to learn how to do visual observations, capture celestial objects, Milky Way, etc). There will be telescopes of apertures exceeding the size of those housed in local observatories here in Singapore!
The event details for CP2015 are as follows:
Venue: East Coast Park Big field next to Carpark E2 (opposite East Coast Lagoon Food Centre)
Date/Time: 10 January 2015 (Saturday), 1800HRS
Please feel free to come (bring your family and friends!!) with or without instruments, it is open to all!
- There is a provision store (you can buy drinks, etc), called Coastline Leisure, next to the big field that will be open till 0300HRS on event day.
- Carpark charges are at your own expense ($0.50 per half hourly on event day). You may park your vehicles at Carpark E2 and E3.
- Nearest toilet facilities are available at the food centre entrance.
- DBS ATM machine is available at the food centre side entrance.
- Please bring your own telescope/instrument rain covers in case of contingencies.
- There is no official end time for the event, and event is weather permitting.
- You may have your dinner at the East Coast Lagoon Food Centre.
- At all times, you are advised to look after your own instruments (or assign someone to help you), and any loss or damage to your instrument entities will not be the due responsibility of the organisers.