Assignment: What can we do to change the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what d'ya think about a photo section of "Inspirational things that people have done to make a difference". These can be small things to start with.....such as nightmare's list......

This is a good idea, currently some forumers do post in APAD - A photo A day.

it's either you put in something or take away something. u were not specific enough..

well, to really change the world for the worst, it's very simple. try taking away 'electricity'..

wii i score a 'B+' for that... :)

dunno B+ .........difficult to score that one......can I give you a lolly pop instead......

I mean taking away oil/coal fired electricity generators means less green house gases.......and would be a big save! BUT would mean no more CS.......

Get L to help out... ;) :bsmilie:

dunno B+ .........difficult to score that one......can I give you a lolly pop instead......

I mean taking away oil/coal fired electricity generators means less green house gases.......and would be a big save! BUT would mean no more CS.......

You can always use wind power, like what the swiss do, and scientists are currently trying to increase solar power, so there's hope for the future.

This is a good idea, currently some forumers do post in APAD - A photo A day.

There are some really good photos in there! And there are also many other sections that have fantastic photos

However do they inspire you to think that there are good people in this world when you're having a bad day?......

*right now I think I have to pass out....so will have to continue this later!*

the kid died in the end right? Maybe. U should learn from that....o

Doesn't everybody die at some point or another? :bsmilie:

It's idealist....but what if we, as a community can do something to change the world? None of us really want to be oppressed/burdened as we may currently be feeling with the economic crisis. We don't need to wait for someone else to do something....so what can we do to change the world?

The happiest day of my life in CS-Kopitiam is today where this question that you have
put up:

"What if we, as a community can do something to change the world?" :thumbsup:

Why is that there are so few people with your kind of thoughts and imagination?

"We don't need to wait for someone else to do something...so what can we do to
change the world?" :thumbsup:

That person must have soul combine with imagination and feel the need to do his or
her role as a human being on this planet. That usually comes with the
quality of the education system that he or she has gone through. :think:
Me, have to think hard because for the past 50 years didn't see necessary
changes towards this direction.

However the media can be following such awaking threads in Kopitiam!!! :bsmilie:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question."
- Decouvertes

"The man who has no imagination has no wings."
- Muhammad Ali

I had given up on thinking what can I do to change the world. I only think what I can do to help as much as i can to ppl around me. :)

I had given up on thinking what can I do to change the world. I only think what I can do to help as much as i can to ppl around me. :)

that's good. Giving started around you :) Let's dream big!

It's idealist....but what if we, as a community can do something to change the world? None of us really want to be oppressed/burdened as we may currently be feeling with the economic crisis. We don't need to wait for someone else to do something....so what can we do to change the world? Two vids for you:

[vid]tGcwG-2owow[/vid]

[vid]JvbgetKzrmA&feature=related[/vid]

this is one of my fave movies. That really a nice show and what we can learn.

first of all, you need to believe in what you want to see as change.

second, you need to be the change you want to see. there is no use telling people to practise more tolerance if you are intolerant.

one little step at a time. :)

ya, before anyone could start, they have to believe in what before they doing.

You have already done your part. Without imagination you wouldn't have
help anyone at all. That little effort is the little small stream that will finally
becomes the great river. You do not understand what "changing the world means"

Let me elaborate further:
Our imagination comes from the soul, subconscious and all our senses.

We learn to become multidimensional, able to experience more love,
create more beauty, manifest more positive results, change the conditions
we are living in.

At the same time we are capable of rewriting past history and happenings,
connect with divine spirituality, defined our purpose and of helping others
the best we can. All these requires imagination.

What about a person without imagination? :think:
A person without imagination, stay stuck one-tracked into one corner,
selfishly in the realm of material. Couldn't care a dam of the welfare
of others. You often find these people in the work place too.

He or she still linger on with past sad events, remain constantly superficial
and even of the literal. Sadly that person will remain instinctual and
one-dimensional in all their activities and thoughts. :)

----------------------------------------------------
"Reason can answer questions,
but imagination has to ask them." - Ralph Gerard

there are a few questions 1 needs to ask & answer 1st prior to that question. for without pondering, efforts will be futile.

Last edited:
Oh and here's some positive news for you for my last post for the day:

positive news

Thank you for the positive news and what could possibly be the most meaningful post I have ever read here (the one that you started the thread with). Yours is a good post. Don't let the naysayers get you down :)

I think we need to take a step back and understand that it is not the end of the world. If everybody believes the recession is the end of the world, it could be a self-fulfilling prophecy. Perhaps there are many with ulterior motives, perhaps there are not but the main thing is that we have to believe in a better tomorrow. Even if we are wrong, is the alternative (believing that we 'game over') any more appealing?

As for what we can do.. Making a difference to those around you, even if it is a small step, can add up to a lot. That and paying it forward is a good idea.

that's good. Giving started around you :) Let's dream big!

eh...time to stop dreaming and do something. :sticktong Dreaming is why we have so many talking about it no action done. I am sorry to burst anyone's bubble. That also is just A MOVIE..an old movie at that. Since it's release..how much good has it done after all the publicity hoopla that came and gone with it fizzled out? Google it and find out how much it has done after that.

Go out and do something about it if you care enough. I have given the shirt off my back more times then I care to recall (some regretfully) and now gave the best years of my life and everything I have to a company that is screwing me royally..but that has not stopped me from doing the right thing and in recent months helped a few of my junior staffers out and make them better workers to move on. You can talk about it all day and night here or you can go do something about it after all the talking is done. Problem is..I see very little people doing just that...so if I hardly see any daily life around me that means there is MORE WORK to be done by all here. How about making a list here of every good anyone and everyone do and mark it here by stating it here for all to see. Let's see how much we can build up to inspire more to join in? Not asking for 3 good deeds...just one a day? Any takers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.