Assignment Ideas

djkyno

Dec 14, 2010
Singapore, Bt Batok
Well i got this idea while reading a photography magazine. it can really turn the forum more interactive. seniors or the mod of the forum will come up with a assignment each week for fellow photographer to do it. And at the end of every week, we will vote and choose the best taken shot and he will win some small gift :) how is this idea ?

Well i got this idea while reading a photography magazine. it can really turn the forum more interactive. seniors or the mod of the forum will come up with a assignment each week for fellow photographer to do it. And at the end of every week, we will vote and choose the best taken shot and he will win some small gift :) how is this idea ?

I like it.

it might not last in the long run >_>

perhaps once in two weeks / month ( ̄∇ ̄ )

Already discussed in Kopitiam several times. Administration can be tough, and who will sponsor the gifts?

Previously there was a assignments or contest that had been going on. Not sure if now they still run it, as I don't login often now, so only read the sub-forum of my interests.
The season of the contest will run for 1 year, each month there will be a different assignment given. After the dateline of each assignment ended, a rating will be given and top 10 photos will be awarded with points. By the end of the season, the photographer that had the highest total point will be winner!
Rating for the photos I think was done by moderators.
Anyway, can't remember the details already.... but that is bascially how it goes.
But problem I think it surface is too many admin works by the moderators, and the photos submitted will total to few hundreds even if 1 member can only submit 1 photos. Need lots of server disk space to host all the photos. Lastly, gift.... who and where to sponser?
Unless we play it like pooling the money, every photo submitted by each member will charge $2.00
So if 100 members submit 1 photo each on every assignment, we will have $200 per assignment, by the end of a season we will have $2400...
Take away $250 for server and CS admin charges...
still got $700 for 1st price, $500 for 2nd and $250 for 3rd. $100 each for 4th to the 10th place.....

Last edited:
Wow! You really got a way to tekkan the Mods!:thumbsup:

Previously there was a assignments or contest that had been going on. Not sure if now they still run it, as I don't login often now, so only read the sub-forum of my interests.
The season of the contest will run for 1 year, each month there will be a different assignment given. After the dateline of each assignment ended, a rating will be given and top 10 photos will be awarded with points. By the end of the season, the photographer that had the highest total point will be winner!
Rating for the photos I think was done by moderators.
Anyway, can't remember the details already.... but that is bascially how it goes.
But problem I think it surface is too many admin works by the moderators, and the photos submitted will total to few hundreds even if 1 member can only submit 1 photos. Need lots of server disk space to host all the photos. Lastly, gift.... who and where to sponser?
Unless we play it like pooling the money, every photo submitted by each member will charge $2.00
So if 100 members submit 1 photo each on every assignment, we will have $200 per assignment, by the end of a season we will have $2400...
Take away $250 for server and CS admin charges...
still got $700 for 1st price, $500 for 2nd and $250 for 3rd. $100 each for 4th to the 10th place.....

I like his idea, and, all this issue is small issue, which can be adjusted. as for gift, we can ask for sponsor or what lo. but i believe la, if we really wanna do it , we surely can do it de. its really a good way to bond photographers together :) 1 assignment per month is great :)