Assault cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks, i got a better picture now. As for whether one needs a lawyer for such cases, it is probably up to the individual. The victim can file for assistance based on his or his parent's financial standing if he is a dependent. One can always stand for his rights in a court hearing. But if he is not familiar with proceedings, it might be better to leave to a trusted legal representative for weaker cases. But where injuries are involved, i believe it might be quite clear cut.

Allow me to correct my earlier statements then about legal suit or civil suit: "it might involve court hearings." :sweat:

But my friend was really advised by the officer it would be a civil suit and a lawyer needs to be hired even when my friend was being attacked. Guess it was an honest mistake by the PO.

Looks like its time to start a fight club in Singapore...

Stress is mounting in the society, and well, we can get away with beating anyone up as long as he is poor... how safe is Singapore now...

Pfttt..

What a sad world we live in.:thumbsd:

Well, like I said, thats' what the police always say to try to siam taking it on and passing the buck somewhere else.

But my friend was really advised by the officer it would be a civil suit and a lawyer needs to be hired even when my friend was being attacked. Guess it was an honest mistake by the PO.

Looks like its time to start a fight club in Singapore...

Stress is mounting in the society, and well, we can get away with beating anyone up as long as he is poor... how safe is Singapore now...

Pfttt..

The olden daz are not much better - though more civil. Pay protection money and thou shall be kept safe.

If eye for eye theory is applied, the woes might never end. When do we have real peace then?

Maybe it's time for ti ger.

If I am not wrong,

Given ur description, your case should be classified as Voluntary Causing Grevious Hurt or VCGH in short. Under section 322 Chapter 224 i think. It should be a seizable case. Meaning if the assailant is at scene, the police have to arrest him and not let him go. As your son suffered injuries too, usually in such cases, ambulance should be call in by the police to provide medical assistance too...

A non-seziable case like u said the police had classified, most prob is Voluntary causing Hurt, or VCH , which is a non-seizable case, i think was a wrong classification of case. under section 323 cap 224.

A defination of VCGH as stated in the link:
http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/non_version/cgi-bin/doListResults.pl

This link for many different acts in SG and also the penal code:
http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/

Try to navigate ard.

Hope ur son is fine and u find justice done.!

Status
Not open for further replies.