Aspiring Photographer: (My Intro)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tintinspartan

Mar 25, 2008
Hello,

My nickname is tintinspartan
Those who want to know my realname can PM me if you want.

I am going to be 15 this year and aspire to be a photographer one day.

First thing is how I got involved in the photography buisness?
I got my first camera while I was 12 (Akira) and my first interest back then were trains and buses. I even went around taking pictures of buses with a 1989 Film Camera once. But the digital age kept up with me as I went on and 2007 was 'da year'. I have a good quality camera (Fujiflim Finepix F11) and enjoyed every minute of it. But things changed when ny camera lens broke and I got a replacement (Kodak Easyshare C663).

What I hope to achieve?
I hope to achieve a level where people see me as an aspiring teenage photographer and of course, enter photography course in Poly when I done my O Levels in 2010. I also want to upgrade to a Canon Powershot which costs $400 as my family is not that well off.

Tools of the trade?
Canon DC220 Video Camera
Fujiflim Finepix F11 (Now under repair at Fujiflim HQ)
Kodak Easyshare C663 (Inherited from my grandad)
Akira X3 (Now used by my sister)
Sony Ericsson K750i (My old camera, seriously)

So, how can you connect to me?
www.youtube.com/tintinspartan
tintinspartan.deviantart.com
www.ktmrailwayfan.com
www.friendster.com/tintinspartan

Have I ever appeared on TV/Newspapers?
Yes,
I have been featured in I, Journalist Episode 8
I was being interviewed about public buses in Singapore

I also appeared in an vodcast by www.straitstimes.com in a story about the Manhunt for Mas Selamat which also affected the efficiency of KTMB Services as delays sprung up. I also contributed infomation to them about the railroad.

So, that's my intro here.

PM me for my e-mail if you want.

Thanks

cheers and welcome to clubsnap.

btw, you can look at the b&s section for 2nd hand camera, if you don't hiam. sometimes you can get good deals, if you work hard at it. :) cheers and good luck!

Hello,

My nickname is tintinspartan
Those who want to know my realname can PM me if you want.

First thing is how I got involved in the photography buisness?
I got my first camera while I was 12 (Akira) and my first interest back then were trains and buses. I even went around taking pictures of buses with a 1989 Film Camera once. But the digital age kept up with me as I went on and 2007 was 'da year'. I have a good quality camera (Fujiflim Finepix F11) and enjoyed every minute of it. But things changed when ny camera lens broke and I got a replacement (Kodak Easyshare C663).

What I hope to achieve?
I hope to achieve a level where people see me as an aspiring teenage photographer and of course, enter photography course in Poly when I done my O Levels in 2010. I also want to upgrade to a Canon Powershot which costs $400 as my family is not that well off.

Tools of the trade?
Canon DC220 Video Camera

So, how can you connect to me?
www.youtube.com/tintinspartan
tintinspartan.deviantart.com
www.ktmrailwayfan.com
www.friendster.com/tintinspartan

Have I ever appeared on TV/Newspapers?
Yes,
I have been featured in I, Journalist Episode 8
I was being interviewed about public buses in Singapore

I also appeared in an vodcast by www.straitstimes.com in a story about the Manhunt for Mas Selamat which also affected the efficiency of KTMB Services as delays sprung up. I also contributed infomation to them about the railroad.

So, that's my intro here.

PM me for my e-mail if you want.

Thanks

so what are you trying to tell us? shoot more post more. talking is pointless.

Well, he is just introducing himself to the community here. Cut him some slack will ya?

There are definitely more friendly CS-ers around here. Enjoy your stay! =)

Walao sexalicious.. relax lah, he's just introducing himself. Jeez, take a chill pill..

Anyways, welcome to Clubsnap! I'm 15 this year too =)

Walao sexalicious.. relax lah, he's just introducing himself. Jeez, take a chill pill..

Anyways, welcome to Clubsnap! I'm 15 this year too =)

i wish i was still as young man. way to go young man

Welcome to CS bro. Doesn't matter what camera you use as long as you are taking good pictures with it. Like what the other bros have said, do check out the Buy & Sell section and you might be able to grab some good stuff. Keep shooting and enjoy the passion. ;)

Great to have you in CS. Shoot as much as you can, and post as much as you can. :)

I also want to upgrade to a Canon Powershot which costs $400 as my family is not that well off.

Tools of the trade?
Canon DC220 Video Camera

Hi kid..

Sorry that I call you 'kid' since I am more than twice of your age... hope you don't mind :sweatsm:

I see that you are in Sembawang Secondary... Do they have media or photography club? I hope you are a member of those club! I used to teach in Canberra Secondary, and I can say that the school photo / media club is a good start to learn the basics. If there is no such club in your school, approach your teachers and start one!

Nice to know that there is someone out there who really wants to learn photography seriously. Don't give up! Follow your dream wherever they go, cause life itself will let you know the result!

My journey of learning is almost the same as yours. I started with my mom's Canonet rengefinder when I was in primary school. I didn't have much money myself, so I only managed to get my first SLR when I was in University. Most of my knowledge I got from reading and researching, so I can say that I am a self-taught person.

I would send you some link to my photo through PM. Some people don't think that my photo is good enough, but I don't care... I am proud of what I achieve...

Btw, how much do you want to sell your Finepix F11? I am thinking to have a small point n shoot for my daily use...

And if you have any question abt photography, just PM me. I would be glad to help you.

My Two Cents...

welcome to clubsnap.

it's totally fine to start with a not so good camera. for myself, i started out with only a intel vga camera (640x480) then. cheers :D

I would send you some link to my photo through PM. Some people don't think that my photo is good enough, but I don't care... I am proud of what I achieve...

No one is born an artist or engineer or doctor or photographer. Especially in art and photography, the sense of aesthetics has to be slowly cultivated through exposure and experience. The more you shoot and progress, when you start to compare with the first pictures you got when you started photography, you'll find them terrible too because you have matured and gone past that phase. Everyone has learning phases and there is no right or wrong in photography. You just need to justify why you compose the picture a certain way. Even your mood will affect that. ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.