Aspect ratio

mabmy

Jan 19, 2009
Simei
Hi everyone!:) I have a question for those who have printed their photos before. I am in doubt so i want to ask. If my image size is at 1824 x 2736 and the aspect ratio is 2:3, will there be any cropped parts if i were to print it? i am asking this as my picture looks kind of vertically long.. so i'm afraid that if i print it out, it will be cropped. :sweat:

Thanks in advance for your tips and advices. :thumbsup:

Etna-sama

Aug 18, 2010
By 2:3, i'm going to assume that your picture is shot portrait style.

Either way, don't worry about the aspect ratio: most photo frames conform to 3:2, because that is the ratio found on 35mm film.

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
Hi everyone!:) I have a question for those who have printed their photos before. I am in doubt so i want to ask. If my image size is at 1824 x 2736 and the aspect ratio is 2:3, will there be any cropped parts if i were to print it? i am asking this as my picture looks kind of vertically long.. so i'm afraid that if i print it out, it will be cropped. :sweat:

Thanks in advance for your tips and advices. :thumbsup:
depends on what paper size you wish to print, if the paper size has same aspect ratio, that won't be any problem,

you can crop it to another aspect ratio if the paper size is differ from 2:3

Gengh

May 6, 2007
Florida
Are you printing standard 4R prints in a lab? If it's 4R there's no worry, the aspect ratio is just right. For other sizes (other than the S#R sizes, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photo_print_sizes)you will have either a bit of cropping or some black borders. Best to edit/crop your file for the size you want to print first before you bring them to the lab.

Top Bottom