asleep in taipei.

Status
Not open for further replies.

igpenguin

Jan 30, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi,

taipei_mrt_01.jpg

You have good visual sense. Composition, and lighting are beautiful and sensitive. What camera are you using by the way?
I like your work.

Originally posted by excentrique
You have good visual sense. Composition, and lighting are beautiful and sensitive. What camera are you using by the way?
I like your work.

Well, I took five rolls of film for this trip. The rest of the pictures would look like it came from the hands of a snap-happy tourist!

I think it had to do with my state of mind while at Taipei. Essentially I walk into pictures than search for them.

This one is taken with a Yashica T4.

Hi

i like the mood of this shot. A very surreal feeling, much like your other 2 train station shots. lighting is perfect too!

I find the T4 great for grab shots too. No control over shutter or aperture, but I can just compose and shot. So far using the T4 I don't find the shutter lag time an issue, probably because with the kind of shots I end up taking with the T4, the subjects are usually taking their time, too. A roll of film might stay a few months in my T4 (duh!!!!)

Nice picture! Though I've been to Taiwan before...and to Taipei, Kaoshiong...I've never been on their train before. Most of my memory of Taiwan are of the countryside. Can't be helped when all my relatives...especially my grandparents...all stay in countryside...can only smell the cow dung and see the chickens and pigs running around. Sigh...and it's been more than 7 yrs since I last visited Taiwan.
Anyway, the colour of the picture is very nice. And it looked as if there's a spot light shining purposely on that asleep gal. Hehe. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.