Asking which zoom lens is a better buy........

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmemberz

Apr 3, 2005
www.noahphotography.deviantart.com
Hi, folks....

1. EF 55-200mm f/4-5.6 II USM
2. EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6

Which zoom lens is from above stated better for 350D in term of image quality.
I don't really mind the range since 200mm is good enough for me.

Please advised me only within the 2 lenses above stated.
Or maybe anyone got sample picture from this 2 lenses?
Thanx.

If you have the budget for 75-300, it's nicer to save up additional $ and get the newest 70-300 IS. You won't regret it.

dRebelXT said:
If you have the budget for 75-300, it's nicer to save up additional $ and get the newest 70-300 IS. You won't regret it.
Agree, consider the 70-300 if you can afford it. But between these two, I'd say 55-200...

Hello, everyone.
I will get this lens for free but constraint within these two lenses only.
So, just curious which one is better in term of image quality. :)

which one ya?

sorry

both cannot make it

get at least a 70-200f4 L

i also think both cannot make it. soft images. worse than sigma's 70-300 APO DG.

but if u had to choose...then the 75-300.

after you buy either len.... you will still be back to "L"lens ....u will not regret.:thumbsup:

Want something cheap and good.... no need to think. Just go for the sigma 70-300.

You can take very decent pictures with it and takes macro too.

Agreed. I've used the 75-300 but not the 55-200. Quite frankly the 75-300's not worth the effort, considering the quality you get from the sigma 70-300 and its price (ard $320).

Even if they were free, I won't bother. Ask for something more useful.

Didn't you say you are getting one of these for free????

If so why are you all telling him to get "L" and other lenses?

If you are relatively new to photography then just take whatever is more suited to the style of photography you want to get into and learn! If you don't care about anything above 200mm then go for the 55-200mm.

When you are better photographer and can tell the difference, then worry about the better zoom lenses mentioned here...

Why is everyone so keen on this board to push expensive gear down newbies throats??? :dunno:

buckwheat said:
Why is everyone so keen on this board to push expensive gear down newbies throats??? :dunno:
Huh cool down bro ;p , noone's pushing him to get L lens, most guys here recommended the sigma 70-300APO. However like you say, since it's free go for the 55-200 USM lor... :D

Xing said:
Huh cool down bro ;p , noone's pushing him to get L lens, most guys here recommended the sigma 70-300APO. However like you say, since it's free go for the 55-200 USM lor... :D
aha...but we are recommending L-lenses.:devil:
go for 70-200mmf2.8L IS..then no ned upgrade liao;)

JediForce4ever said:
aha...but we are recommending L-lenses.:devil:
go for 70-200mmf2.8L IS..then no ned upgrade liao;)

2nd this. all headaches solve and u sleep peacefully! no dilemma! how good is that?! :devil:

drumma said:
2nd this. all headaches solve and u sleep peacefully! no dilemma! how good is that?! :devil:

Yeah but headache of credit card bill afterwards won't go away so quickly!! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.