Asking a question regarding venue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayanami

Dec 9, 2007
Singapore
Hi all, not new but very seldom post..

Just wanna ask a question regarding a cosplay shoot, and I have no idea where to put this so I'm asking this here.

I am doing a photoshoot for a cosplayer this coming Sunday (8/2/09) and would like to find some places that blend with this costume she is doing. I shall show a sample picture of the costume she is doing below.

a4.jpg

I know places like Fort Canning and Chijmes, but honestly I'm sick of those same places, and some might not blend with her costume, so would anyone advise or recommend where to go?

Constructive comments will be much appreaciated. Thank you :)

It all depends on how you wanna shoot.

Try to create a theme first. Plan on your lighting style, how you wish to portray your subject and how it can be achieved to create the effect accordingly...

Then you can choose and plan locations accordingly....

Old colonial houses, etc... modern buildings as a contrast to the cosplay costume, etc...

if dunno, then go to a studio... can use digital green/blue to shoot. then lasso and paste it anywhere else you want...

if you have got no idea what to shoot refer to the cosplay details. learn about the character... if its church... then look around. you ask here... probably gonna get the same few churches... if you say beach, its the same few again... its always up to your own imagination... try city? sunday shenton way, clarke quay... or museum.

if dunno, then go to a studio... can use digital green/blue to shoot. then lasso and paste it anywhere else you want...

if you have got no idea what to shoot refer to the cosplay details. learn about the character... if its church... then look around. you ask here... probably gonna get the same few churches... if you say beach, its the same few again... its always up to your own imagination... try city? sunday shenton way, clarke quay... or museum.
lighting for chrome key set up is not easy to set up, else will have blue or green color at the fringe...

Thank you for all replies/comments.

I did some homework about the character and decided I want someplace more olden-european, english type, but prefer somewhere creamy white.

I know Chijmes is one, but I need to pay. I was hoping for somewhere free. As for studios, I'm not at that level yet =)

Maybe can try the Armenian Church across Coleman Street Fire station.The surroundings
are quite serene.Did a photoshoot there long time ago.

Maybe can try the Armenian Church across Coleman Street Fire station.The surroundings
are quite serene.Did a photoshoot there long time ago.

Thank you. Will check out the place =)

Status
Not open for further replies.