Ask : Tripod to Buy (Necessery?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Frens...,

i need your advise... since i just bought my 40D with 17-50mm/f2.8 tamron lens... so i think to buy a tripod before buy a flash... the reason is to take a nice HDR picture and maybe also a landscape picture... okey now the thing is the brand and the price reason... some of my friend say that man frotto is the best but of course the cheaper one with the head already cost 300 SGD already and i think that is too much for tripod only... after all is there any reason that expensive tripod will give a better function then the normal price one?

Stability.
U dun want your camera on a tripod to fall at a slight gush of wind do u? ;)

hi Frens...,

i need your advise... since i just bought my 40D with 17-50mm/f2.8 tamron lens... so i think to buy a tripod before buy a flash... the reason is to take a nice HDR picture and maybe also a landscape picture... okey now the thing is the brand and the price reason... some of my friend say that man frotto is the best but of course the cheaper one with the head already cost 300 SGD already and i think that is too much for tripod only... after all is there any reason that expensive tripod will give a better function then the normal price one?

well, Im a noob, and I dont have either. :) It really boils down to what you need and what you will be shooting. and of course, your budget. :) Manfrotto is good to have, like me, I'm still saving for it! ;)

hi Frens...,

it is necessary if you need it

gitzo is the best out there, actually, costs way more than manfrotto

get what you need, just be sure that

stable and light tripod not cheap
light and cheap tripod not stable
cheap and stable tripod not light

well, Im a noob, and I dont have either. :) It really boils down to what you need and what you will be shooting. and of course, your budget. :) Manfrotto is good to have, like me, I'm still saving for it! ;)

beside manfrotto is there other good brand one..., i mean maybe the same quality but cheaper cost..

it is necessary if you need it

gitzo is the best out there, actually, costs way more than manfrotto

get what you need, just be sure that

i see the price already the cheapest one cost... 600SGD only for tripod not the ball head yet.... haizzz.... scary...

beside manfrotto is there other good brand one..., i mean maybe the same quality but cheaper cost..

Hmm, I was at Jack's shop earlier last week to see his Benro collection. A reasonable stable and good one will also cost abt $300 with ballhead. But he has many other models. U may wish to search the thread http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318162

i started out with a manfrotto myself. Even after i moved on and brought another tripod, i still use my manfrotto frequently. Good investment :thumbsup:

Cheap, light...

You just need one time for the tripod to fail on you, and you'll go for at least a Manfrotto. :)

Cheap, light...

You just need one time for the tripod to fail on you, and you'll go for at least a Manfrotto. :)

i always go for the cheap and stable ones

someday i will regret it when my back gives out on me :angel:

Manfrotto Tripod 725B Integrated ballhead-Supports 7.7 lb (3.5 kg) (Free...!!! Original Tripod Case).

img4720499ccebf0.jpg

is it this one is nice? the weight is about 3.5 KG and the price was around 170 SGD.

Last edited:
some tripod dun come with head.. so u might wan to decide wat head u wan.. pan or ball ??

hi Frens...,

dont worry very easy.......Its when you are looking for a Strong and Solid but cheap tripod that things becomes extremely difficult.

I added my own version but based on what i consider is cheap.

stable and light tripod not cheap, easy to find.
light and cheap tripod not stable, everywhere can find.
cheap and stable tripod not light, even Ebay/Amazon cannot find.

Status
Not open for further replies.