(ask) Old Junk shop in Singapore

blackorwhite

Aug 27, 2010
Singapore
I read from people's blog, that a lot of them found old lenses but still usable in their local flea market.

is there any flea market / shop that sell old things or something like that in Singapore?
:)

@felixcat8888
Hahahahaha.. he did say "useable". I was just at Sungei Rd a few days ago. NO LENSES were useable, except for maybe paperweights or rough spare parts.

blackorwhite will have better luck at The Sunday Bazaar on Cross Street. At least, those cameras are NOT thrown around on the floor like Sungei Rd...

Not in Singapore, I'm afraid.
Overseas, the sheer amount of junk collected does mean that there is also a huge potential for gems. Here we very often only have the former. :bsmilie:

You can also try Cash Converters but its really a test of luck to find Pentax items.

well oh well..
if thats the case, u guys know which shop that sells old/new manual lenses?
(i dont know whether manual lenses are still produced nowadays, except the third party lenses)

i remember seeing those old lens shops in peninsular plaza, but not sure if they have m42 mounts or have K mount varients

looking at the state of some of the lenses makes me wonder whether they are still optically good haha, but there are some that look fine and ready to work anytime

well oh well..
if thats the case, u guys know which shop that sells old/new manual lenses?
(i dont know whether manual lenses are still produced nowadays, except the third party lenses)

physical shop, penin have, but you will be charged higher.

suggest you look and wait in cs B&S.

or you can try your luck in ebay uk/ebay us.

Cash Converters have but only at the AMK outlet. Saw a few old MZ series cameras like the 50, 60 and some old FA series lenses

The local stores are too ex... most of the time.
B&S may have good deals... but gems at good prices are snap up immediately.
Ebay (high risk) or KEH (safer but more ex).

However, I do feel there is a lot of competition for pentax mount stuff in ebay... there are less bargains now.
Try to get a classic lens like Kiron 105mm or a Vivitar Series 1 90mm in pentax mount :bsmilie:

The local stores are too ex... most of the time.
B&S may have good deals... but gems at good prices are snap up immediately.
Ebay (high risk) or KEH (safer but more ex).

However, I do feel there is a lot of competition for pentax mount stuff in ebay... there are less bargains now.
Try to get a classic lens like Kiron 105mm or a Vivitar Series 1 90mm in pentax mount :bsmilie:

;) another macro shooter in the making?