Ask for friend, about 10D,20D and 30D

Status
Not open for further replies.

freebsdntu

Jun 28, 2007
NTU hostel
Ok, first of all, I don't know whether I should put this thread in this section or b/s section. Anyway, I put it here.
I am asking for my friend, who doesn't have access to internet. He is wondering is there still BRAND NEW Canon 10D,20D or 30D for sale here in Singapore as he is planning to get one of them depending on the availability. Would appreciate if anybody can hint him on this, like where to get and how much would one cost.
Thank you in advance! Any input would be appreciated!

There's little point in getting a brand new 30D now. There has been hints everywhere that an upgrade will be available soon.

There's little point in getting a brand new 30D now. There has been hints everywhere that an upgrade will be available soon.

Yes, 40D is getting nearer, but I guess that would be very expensive.

Well, by then, the 30D will also drop in price. Especially a second hand piece. The typical guess is that the price 40D should be similar to the price of a 30D selling now.

Well, by then, the 30D will also drop in price. Especially a second hand piece. The typical guess is that the price 40D should be similar to the price of a 30D selling now.
Well,actually my friend says 30D is out of production now, that's why he asked whether he can still get 30D in Singapore now.
I guess Canon deliberately cut the 30D production to avoid the price drop of 30D when 40D comes out.

Well, the 30D is still available in the shops. you can try Cathay Photo, TK Photo etc. They should still have stock. But I'd say wait for 40D to come out first. If your friend is in need of a camera, maybe he can rent a 30D first to try out as well?

Yeah i agree. If yr friend really needs it now for a short assignment, he can rent it out and try. But i still suggest wait for the 40D, unless yr friend wants to buy immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.