Asian Geographic & Eyes On Asia Getaway Chiang Mai 21st-25th October

Status
Not open for further replies.

felix hug

Jun 24, 2007
Singapore
www.eyesonasia.net
Hi Everyone,

We are launching the second GETAWAY trip for this year with Chiang Mai. Chiang Mai is a classic and the Yi Peng Festival should not be missed.

Have a look at this pages and decide for yourself

Would be great to see you there.

:)

Please also go to our newly created fanpages on Facebook to be always updated:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Eyes-On-Asia/80686742644

3591443267_f28db9efcb_o.jpg

Some Testimonials:

Lee Turner, Finalist UNICEF Awards 2008

Quote:
"Within Felix's workshops, the world of travel becomes more than the sum of its many elements, and its unique power to inspire, they shed light on the many disciplines required to evolve one's passionate inspiration to professional aspiration. I left his workshop mindful of industry realities while motivated by Felix's insights which are uniquely tailored to each participant; they are designed to invite one to elevate their respective craft to go beyond mere snapshots and make their images truly sing."

Jean, Photojournalist & Mosaic Runner UP 2008

Quote:
"I took his Intermediate travel photography class and wished that it wasn't over so soon! Appreciate that he has zero airs.. no arrogance despite his achievements, especially when he's achieved so much! As a young freelance photojournalist, I treasure moments like this where I get to meet the man behind the pictures, listen to him speak, question, discuss and learn. Thanks for a wonderful workshop and I hope that there'll be much more!! "

Muha, Winner of the Maldivien Tourism Board Photography Competition 2007

Quote:
"To describe with few word, Felix Hug's Travel & Destination Photography is absolutely the best! Dazzling landscapes to lifestyle shots absolutely a treat see, chances are that you’ve come across some of his amazing photography. From the captivating ‘Yi Peng’ to the splendid ‘silkwind’ series, Felix Hug hasn’t failed to amaze me .

It was undoubtably one of the most valuable opportunities for me to have travelled & perhaps clicked a few shots with Felix during his visit to the Maldives. Apart from the valuable moments, it was great to hang around with someone with a cool attitude & sense of humor.
Luckily when "Eyes on Asia" decided to start their own Travel Photography Workshops, it’s everyone's chance to learn some secrets to his world renowned photography."

Asian Geographic Editor Ian Seldrup:

Quote:
"As a magazine editor, I see lots of pictures from diverse people who are self-taught and fancy themselves as photographers. Without formal training, many don't meet the grade but some succeed in producing images of a publishable standard. Those who do either have a natural gift or have attended a workshop as absorbing and useful as those conducted by Eyes on Asia.
Felix Hug not only makes the technical side of picture-taking seem less daunting, he also gives attendees priceless lessons on being self-critical and learning how to judge why a photo has value, or not. Above all, through his humility and humour -- and willingness to share the 'secrets' of his own breathtaking work -- he inspires you to get out there and shoot better. There’s just one problem: one or two days with Felix is far too little. Try and go on one of his travel photography getaways, if you possibly can."

About Eyes On Asia & Felix

Quote:
"I believe that positive images can change the way we look at things."

Eyes On Asia was founded in 2006 by Felix Hug (Director & Photographer) and Jamie Boyd (Representation/Production).

Unlike other photography teams, they make their living almost entirely within the world of travel imagery.

Felix is a current Winner at the AMERICAN PHOTO competition (New York), The New York Photography Awards, as well as the Travel Photography of The Year Awards (London).

Quote:
"This Awards mean the world to me, as my name shows up amongst Photographers of World Rank and my images are seen by millions of people. It gives me the chance to spread and share my love for travel and the diversity of the world we live in."

Felix has won first Prizes in big Photography Competitions in Europe, Asia, Australia and the USA.
Some of Eyes On Asia's include: Lonely Planet, Banyan Tree Resorts, Silk Air (Singapore Airlines) and Abercrombie & Kent.

Felix's images have been published in countless magazines around the globe including: National Geographic Traveler, GEO magazine (Germany), Cosmopolitan (Germany), Travel & Leisure, Conde Nast, Asian Geographic, Destin Asia, Outdoor Photography (UK & US), American Photo and many more.

For more information, questions or if you just like to sign up to our mailing list, contact jamieboyd@eyesonasia.net

Eyes On Asia Team

On each GETAWAY we have small give aways from our sponsors, but now we have on each GETAWAY a brand new Canon G10 to win. This goes for Lombok (sold out) already in early July, but also for this years Chiang Mai GETAWAY. The best image (or series) will win the very popular G10, sponsored by Canon.

We will announce during the Getaway how we will select the winner.

The Chiang Mai Getaway is now fully booked. Further requests would be on waiting list. Definite confirmation for waiting list is the 21st of August.

Status
Not open for further replies.