Asian Civilisation Museum: Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor and His Legacy

windcaster

Dec 9, 2008
Special Exhibition
Terracotta Warriors: The First Emperor and His Legacy
24 Jun 2011 - 16 Oct 2011
@ Special Exhibitions Gallery, ACM Empress Place

The discovery of thousands of terracotta warriors, buried for over 2,000 years, is shedding new light on Emperor Qin Shihuang and his imperial legacy. Featuring over 100 objects from Shaanxi, China, this exhibition explores the rise of the Qin state and China’s first unification, the cultural achievements of early China, and the fundamental influence that the First Emperor and his dynasty had on Chinese civilisation.

For the first time in Southeast Asia, marvel at the First Emperor’s impressive burial complex and his mighty terracotta army, whose discovery is considered one of the biggest archaeological events of the twentieth century. Recapture the mystery of the warriors – how they were discovered, why they were created and what they represented.

This exhibition is organised by the Shaanxi Provincial Cultural Relics Bureau and the Shaanxi Cultural Heritage Promotion Centre, People’s Republic of China in partnership with the Asian Civilisations Museum, Singapore.

http://www.acm.org.sg/exhibitions/eventdetail.asp?eventID=709

I was also wondering about this exhibition.
But perhaps like most exhibitions in Singapore, photography of the terracotta warriors are not allowed?
Have you any information on photography?
Thanks!

I'm not too sure, I drop them an email as I have the intention of visitng the place this week. I guess photography but no flash?

The ticket to the Terracotta Warriors is S$8.00, allows to take picture but no flash.

yup, i just call them. You can take photos but no flash.

Free to full time students, ns man or seniors above 60.

there's 50% on friday from 7pm to 9pm I think

For those with iPhone, download the free App ACM: Terracotta Warriors from App Store and you can have 3D terracotta warriors appearing in the camera of the iPhone when you point the iPhone at certain symbols at designated locations in the exhibition and you can take photos with the virtual terracotta warrior. You can also use the app as a guide during your visit to the exhibition. ;)

lighting is low and dark, need to boost to 1600 or more. student is free.

IMG_0112 by Windcaster, on Flickr

lighting is low and dark, need to boost to 1600 or more. student is free.

IMG_0112 by Windcaster, on Flickr

Great! Thank you very much for your first shot.
I am sure many of us in CS would follow. It's always wonderful to shoot indoor in a darkened environment with spot lighting on.
The mood that it creates is... simply lovely.

No tripod or monpod is allowed, I brought monopod there n was told not to use.

Yup strictly no flash allowed. Single adult ticket cost is $8. Got some discounts if you have certain cards like PassionCard at 50% off.

They have guided tour at scheduled timings, good to follow the tour then take pictures afterwards.

I was there earlier, weekdays their business quite good, mainly school children and tourists. :)

Thanks for the info =)

anyone want to go on sat? i got the passion card so maybe can get 50% off for u as well ..

great.. will be making a trip down. cfm passion card gt discount? wat other cards can get discount too?