Asian Aerospace

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkcheah

Dec 24, 2003
Haig Road, Singapore
Found an interesting excerpt from Sistic website:
"* General shots is allowed. No head on shots of exhibits, without permission. No photography in West Cargo Apron (WCA) where large aircraft are displayed. Cameras and camera phones must be surrendered before entering WCA. "

Would be interested to find out what they define as "General shots"...
also would be interesting to see how they can enforce people to "ask" for permission to shoot exhibits head on.

Ya, I saw that too in SISTIC website. Will be going on the 29 Feb 04 to shoot the flying display and some exhibit photo, try and see if they do stop me .. ;)

Well you never know until you try rite ? I believed that many people will be bringing in their compact camera to shoot shoot shoot .... :cool:

Price was at an expensive $21 per head, so guys who is going here?

I remembered the last time I visited Paya Lebar Airport(Military) when it was opened to the public. At the checkpoint, they will asked what lenses you have. Wide angle or short telephoto lenses are fine. If you have a long telephoto, they will want you to deposit it with them. There are some sensitive area/s which they do not want the public to photograph.

While inside, we were advised not to photograph some part of the airport.
So, if they want to enforce, they will deploy the necessary resources to ensure its enforceability.

That means I cannot bring my 70-200mmF2.8 VR to shoot ? :cry:

I think I might be able to get just 2 free ticket for myself ... :think:

KNIGHT ONG said:
That means I cannot bring my 70-200mmF2.8 VR to shoot ? :cry:

I think I might be able to get just 2 free ticket for myself ... :think:

who cares... bring loh... if cannot then let them safe keep...
i bringing my 70-200 + 2xTC... ;p

how did u get the free tix...??? :bigeyes:
juz bought 3 tix for the 28th... :cry:

my fren gave me 4 for the last show.... but i couldn't make it... heartbreak :mad2:

Me will be going in free :gbounce: tink can bring ur telephoto lens la.. i rem i brought my 70-300mm into paya lebar airbase dat time for exhibition.. not fair to confiscate those huge telephoto lens rite? wad abt those digital cam with 10X optical zoom?

Well, I got good friends working in xxx and asking whether can find free ticket for me lor ... well may be able to get free tickets ... ;) Last year gave me 2 compliment tickets and this year gonna be the same leh ... :cool:

xxx - so sorry I could not reveal which company as it may be sensitive

lhjz, you meant your fren gave u 4 free tickets on the 29 feb and u cannot make it to the show? So what u gonna do with the tickets ... ? :think:

reachme2003 said:
I remembered the last time I visited Paya Lebar Airport(Military) when it was opened to the public. At the checkpoint, they will asked what lenses you have. Wide angle or short telephoto lenses are fine. If you have a long telephoto, they will want you to deposit it with them. There are some sensitive area/s which they do not want the public to photograph.

While inside, we were advised not to photograph some part of the airport.
So, if they want to enforce, they will deploy the necessary resources to ensure its enforceability.

they got search your bag or not? or else i will also try my luck ;p
70-200 not consider as long telephoto rite...

KNIGHT ONG said:
lhjz, you meant your fren gave u 4 free tickets on the 29 feb and u cannot make it to the show? So what u gonna do with the tickets ... ? :think:

i also want to ask this question :D

OK, so who is going on the 29 Feb Sunday? Maybe we can meet and shoot the flying display leh ... what u all think ?? :think:

Wai said:
they got search your bag or not? or else i will also try my luck ;p
70-200 not consider as long telephoto rite...
haha..
as long as it's longer than 15cm, I think u can forget it...
get the 75-300 DO IS lar... 10cm only. sure can.

AReality said:
haha..
as long as it's longer than 15cm, I think u can forget it...
get the 75-300 DO IS lar... 10cm only. sure can.

why longer than 15cm cannot ? :think:

my 70-200 VR already 21.5cm liao :cry:

KNIGHT ONG said:
why longer than 15cm cannot ? :think:

my 70-200 VR already 21.5cm liao :cry:
Coz the toot bag checkers at the gate dunno wat is 200mm.
He ask how many X zoom, u reply 2.8x zoom can liao.

AReality said:
Coz the toot bag checkers at the gate dunno wat is 200mm.
He ask how many X zoom, u reply 2.8x zoom can liao.

Amazing! If he dun know wat is 200mm, how is he going to understand 2.8x zoom ?? :dunno:

Wai said:
i also want to ask this question :D

i mean the last AA at 2002 ;p
this yr he doesn't hav any free tix anymore
his company (xxx) not interested in the planes displayed this year :p

RSAF open house(PLAB) and AA(Changi Exhibition Ctr) started banning 'big' cameras after 911 i think...

even perimeter of the airport has tighten security... hard to get close to the fence with your camera loh

seems like everyone is going on the 29th... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.