Asian Aerospace Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebastiansong

Jan 20, 2002
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Greetings to All

Anyone interested in attending the 2002 Asian Aerospace Show during March 2 n 3. Flying display from 1230 to 1400

Tickets cost $21 for adults and $7 for children under 12, available only at Ticketcharge outlets (Centrepoint and Funan, to my knowledge) from Feb 1.

Currently interested (updated 28th Jan)
Me
Ninelives
sbs99 (interested?)
martin (interested?)

yesh agree that the entry fee is high especially for those who are not working. As for us who are, buy one less dvd loh..

Originally posted by sebastiansong
Greetings to All

Anyone interested in attending the 2002 Asian Aerospace Show during March 2 n 3. Flying display from 1230 to 1400

Tickets cost $21 for adults and $7 for children under 12, available only at Ticketcharge outlets (Centrepoint and Funan, to my knowledge) from Feb 1.

We could organise something... anyone?

I am interested but the ticket price.. uh-hurp.. a little high.. see if i can save enuf, if can get the $ then i will probably go.

This one is at Changi again right??? Anyone has the details on which are the aerial displays that will be performing??? If the US Thunderbirds are coming, I won't miss it for a thousand dollars (for a 1D maybe).

Some on the air shows I've gone to are disappointing... (maybe I've been spoilt by the Thunderbirds I've seen several years back)

Originally posted by willyfoo This one is at Changi again right??? Anyone has the details on which are the aerial displays that will be performing???

Tell you what Willy... I will work on my Air Force sources on who's coming... but remember this is the year after 911 and things might be a bit tighter than usual and the economy isnt doing that well so I will keep my fingers crossed.

yesh it will be held in Changi... I really hate that place... hot and crowded

I am keen to go ...$21 though is abit X...but still it's only once a year or so.....so who else is on?
it's a very good photoshoot opportunity!

Shooting planes in the sky, i believe u need at least a 500mm lens...if not...it wont be big enuff on film. Unless the planes fly lower...which i doubt so.

I covered AA96, so im pretty sure anything less than 500mm.....i would rather take shots of the static displays. If possible...try to go early in the morning....morning light there is nice. :)

ninelives can use his Sigma 50-500 sia. :D

Dun think my MAZ can make it though.

Originally posted by YSLee
ninelives can use his Sigma 50-500 sia. :D

Dun think my MAZ can make it though.
ya, i need to buy iso 400 slide tho. iso 100 can't make it if i want to add a 2x TC.

Originally posted by kamwai
cannot afford the ticket...

anyone want to go someone nearby to watch the plane instead of going in???

There's one stretch of jetty...i think changi jetty...if im not wrong..might be able to catch the flypast....

As reported in the papers....the flypast limited to one plane at a time and during lunch hours only...i think 12.30-2.30pm. No fancy stuff...i dun think its worth it this time round. They said the fancy stunts will be back in another 2 years...AA'04
hehehehe
:D

are you guys going on trades day or public days.........i usually go on one of the trades days...i dont bother about the static display....i prefer the fly past...

Originally posted by Fundee
are you guys going on trades day or public days.........i usually go on one of the trades days...i dont bother about the static display....i prefer the fly past...

You need a special pass to enter on a trade day right? AA96 i went in on official press pass...so got to see more stuff.And get to collect more airplane pins hehe.
:)

I dun think this year is worth going. Except unless u r aiming more for the pins rather than taking shots. Hehehehe

I will post some of my shots from AA96 once i scanned them. Hehehe

I went the AA'00 one during the trade day and found many interesting thing to take. The best of course is those lovly gals that will be there!

This year one like cannot make it so I think that I'll give it a pass unless someone treat mi in lor!

I have enough Airplanes for a while .....

Originally posted by Bluestrike
I went the AA'00 one during the trade day and found many interesting thing to take. The best of course is those lovly gals that will be there!

I always tot that it will be fast cars and cool babes... but Blue is giving a new perspective on things... wanna post some of the lovly gals you captured on film... *rofl*

sorry Blue... wont treat you to this show... but I am planning something for the zoo and if it works out well... I treat you freebie on that one, ok?

Hi folks

I am new to this forum and happy to be here. Happy CNY to all.

I have covered AA for over several shows. Here is a pointer.

For static display, ie plane parked on the tarmac, U will need a wide angle like 24mm, or even ultrawide, to capture the planes, they are packed closed to gether. Long lens are good for plans taxied further away. They are usually the C130 or AN124 cargo planes. A flash will be usual for interior shots, if you are allowed to snap them, esp the cockpit. So far I have some luck with the fighters but only from a certain angle. Yup, start early, to avoid the crowds, that will interfer in your composition. By the time you are at the end of the walkway, the crowd will start pouring in.

For the display, ISO 200 film is more than enough. The cloudy skies will be very bright and U need small f-stop. I think 70 - 210 mm zoom is sufficent for some of the closer flying birds like helicopters. But a 400mm is just about nice for the fighters. I have used a Canon 300mm 2.8 with a 2X. Bloody heavy when you have to point it up all the time to track the plane. Usually I come home with muscule ache. I will park at the car park next to Changi village and then walk into the ground area. Have worked next to a Japanese photographer. His Pentax tua pow lenes are really a handful to carry let alone pointing it to the sky. Tried hold the 600mm, after 1 min, I really have to put it down. If I am back again, the 400mm f5.6 lens will be an ideal choice, with the 70 -210mm.

Oh, for the flying past, no need to buy the tickets, as the best spot is outside the show site. I have seen enough of the missles and guns to be no longer excitied by them. If you must go into the show site, bring an extra haversack with you. the catalogs given away during the public days can be quiet a handful. Be happy to share some pix with you, if you are keen. PM me with your email add.

Hoped this helps.

Originally posted by sbs99
Shooting planes in the sky, i believe u need at least a 500mm lens...if not...it wont be big enuff on film. Unless the planes fly lower...which i doubt so.

I covered AA96, so im pretty sure anything less than 500mm.....i would rather take shots of the static displays. If possible...try to go early in the morning....morning light there is nice. :)
:gbounce: :gbounce: :gbounce:

who else interested? sebastiansong, would you like to buy the ticket for those who confirm going? I can pay you later.

i might be going but for the fly past only, not the static dislay....there will be afew mock-up display of a cockpit, wide angle would be nice if you are lucky...

Originally posted by ninelives
who else interested? sebastiansong, would you like to buy the ticket for those who confirm going? I can pay you later.

Ninelives... I am negotiating with a few friends working in the defense industry for passes so we could get in for free... not too sure how many passes I can get... but since you are the first to ask, I will reserve for you (if possible)

will be leaving for Taiwan this Sunday and will confirm details end of next week when I return

Status
Not open for further replies.