Asian Aerospace 2006 Aerial Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

wkcheah76

Jan 20, 2004
Tampines, Singapore
www.pbase.com
Just some pictures to share.. they are definitely easier to shoot than birds... trust me!

LZ0D8282.jpg

LZ0D8292.jpg

LZ0D8429.jpg

LZ0D8449.jpg

wkcheah76, congrats. Very nice pictures. :thumbsup:
Now some questions:
1. What lens were used?
2. What was the settings?
3. Servo AF used?
4. Where was the location that these photos were taken?

Thanks.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like #1

Oi, were you there today? Didn't see you.

great pics!
wat lens n wat cam? are u using a 600mm?
and wat time is the aerial display?

wkcheah76 said:
Just some pictures to share.. they are definitely easier to shoot than birds... trust me!

It's amazing result! What's the lens you have? I believe it is easlier to shoot than birds, but all my tele lens never deliver similar quality in such a long distance, it looks like no dirty air between your and those jets;p

Cheah,

Most of the exif info were removed. What was the focal length used?

Terence said:
Oi, were you there today? Didn't see you.

Hi my fren! :) I shot them during rehearsal when the lighting wasn't so harsh. Same birding techniques used. At least the metal birds are much more predictable! I cleared up the air with some PSing skills, the big birds best with a 100-400 cos zoomable, but I used a 400mm f/5.6 with 20D for it. For the fighters, I used 600mm+1.4TC+1Dmkii cos I need fast response when it gets very near. Lots of detail maintained that way. Location, well where the white blocks are in the water...

wkcheah76 said:
Hi my fren! :) I shot them during rehearsal when the lighting wasn't so harsh. Same birding techniques used. At least the metal birds are much more predictable! I cleared up the air with some PSing skills, the big birds best with a 100-400 cos zoomable, but I used a 400mm f/5.6 with 20D for it. For the fighters, I used 600mm+1.4TC+1Dmkii cos I need fast response when it gets very near. Lots of detail maintained that way. Location, well where the white blocks are in the water...

Ya, talk about harsh lighting yesterday. It took major PSing on my shots to bring them to a somewhat acceptable level. Damn show organisers, never think about photogs when they schedule the flying at high noon.

Same birding techniques? You mean you BB them too ah? Some subjects did come somewhat into BB range ya? Haha

I was at the park in front of the intersection (w traffic lights) leading to the cargo complex. Will try going further down to your end tomorrow.

MountainMan said:
Maybe he shot them from the cove :bsmilie:

Not unless he just picked up a 1200/5.6L with about 5 2x TCs. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.