Asian Aerospace 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
eddietkm said:
Hi, Any idea will there F117 stealth fighter flying on the first day?
Are they coming for the AA2004? :think:

AlexLum said:

Btw Alex,
nice shot of the E-2C. Ex xxxxxxx 2003 wasn't it?

AlexLum said:
Don't know leh. Heard my friends saying that. Just want to reconfirm. However first day is normal the most happening day, as some planes only show their faces during the first day.

Is photography allowed? Is it open to public?

chyeo said:
Is photography allowed? Is it open to public?

Yes! Photography is allowed.

Trade Days:
Date: 24 - 27 Feb. 2004 (Tuesday - Friday)
(Tickets are priced at S$50 per entry) :bigeyes:

Public Days:
Date: 28 - 29 Feb. 2004 (Saturday - Sunday)
(Ticket charges Adult : S$21.00, Child : S$7.00) :sweat:

You may get more info here : http://www.asianaerospace.com/main.asp :D

Do they usually check our camera by requesting us to open up the film compartment or remove the lens to show them that they are indeed cameras? Anyone had experienced being asked to do such things before?

yaoxing said:
Do they usually check our camera by requesting us to open up the film compartment or remove the lens to show them that they are indeed cameras? Anyone had experienced being asked to do such things before?

They don't do so, its too tedious. They would scan all your stuff in the X-ray scanner, just like the custom does. :p

AlexLum said:
Yes! Photography is allowed.

Trade Days:
Date: 24 - 27 Feb. 2004 (Tuesday - Friday)
(Tickets are priced at S$50 per entry) :bigeyes:

Public Days:
Date: 28 - 29 Feb. 2004 (Saturday - Sunday)
(Ticket charges Adult : S$21.00, Child : S$7.00) :sweat:

You may get more info here : http://www.asianaerospace.com/main.asp :D
Price of tickets for trade days has gone up. It was around $45 2 years ago. I will be going for the air display. Don't miss the timing and be there early.

There are some photography rules for Asian Aerospace posted on the SISTIC site.
Go see and decide if it is worth the effort to bring your equipment for shooting and also the price of admission.

Must be one of the few "airshows" in the world where photography is prohibited at the aircraft exhibition area (in this case at the West Cargo Apron where the large aircraft and display aircraft are located). I remembered that a few shows back, this rule was applicable but subseqently dropped. It's back to the "good old days". See only...no photo :-(

* General shots is allowed. No head on shots of exhibits, without permission. No photography in West Cargo Apron (WCA) where large aircraft are displayed. Cameras and camera phones must be surrendered before entering WCA.

The above was extracted from SISTIC, that means we still can bring our DC and shoot rite ? :think:

KNIGHT ONG said:
* General shots is allowed. No head on shots of exhibits, without permission. No photography in West Cargo Apron (WCA) where large aircraft are displayed. Cameras and camera phones must be surrendered before entering WCA.

The above was extracted from SISTIC, that means we still can bring our DC and shoot rite ? :think:

I think can. Can only take static planes not in wca.

Actually more interested in the flying display, so can bring big zoom 70-200mm lens to shoot? :think:

KNIGHT ONG said:
Actually more interested in the flying display, so can bring big zoom 70-200mm lens to shoot? :think:
Must must. Remember that if you go by MRT. You can take a shuttle bus from expo. But it will cost you $2.

What will be the suitable film? I have some ISO-160 film at home. Will they be suitable for a bright, hot day?

I heard that some american planes have been cancelled for display. Does anyone know if this is true?

skyflash said:
for the aerial display, how about cloudy weather?
the aerial displays that i attended in AA2000 and AA2002 are cloudy.
at least high clouds.

skyflash said:
A few months back (cant remember exactly when), the US exhibtors met the AA2004 organiser to ask them to reduce the exhibition fees. Apparently, the cost is too high -- and some decided to skip AA2004 and beyond.

The other related news is the fighter competition. It seems that only Typhoon run ads in Singapore. ......

I think singapore is looking into it. Or US doesn't want us to advertise them.

Do we need a ticket for aerial display? Or just outside of the compound can watch it for free too?

Status
Not open for further replies.