asia pacific food expo at Expo

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
has anyone visited food expo? does it looks like one of those venue where mass 'orgy' of gluttony displayed? visited one at suntec and turned out to be one of those. total turnoff. are there truly overseas exhibitors catering to those in the food trade?

Well, if I remember correctly from last year, u would see the regular food like BBQ pork (bah kua), rice dumpling, chicken curry, pork bun, sweet shop, nescafe, etc, all the usual things u can find in big shopping centres in Singapore.

thanks, i thought i saw these food too.

Astin said:
Well, if I remember correctly from last year, u would see the regular food like BBQ pork (bah kua), rice dumpling, chicken curry, pork bun, sweet shop, nescafe, etc, all the usual things u can find in big shopping centres in Singapore.

food expos i think have 2 types

one is the local type. where u find all the major distributors of local food there. bak kwa, hotdogs, drinks, fried bee hoon etc. i wont even call it an exhibition. its just like a very huge food centre. hahaha. admission is usually free for these local fares.

the other type is the one that showcases INTERNATIONAL food, meaning food from like korea, germany, and all those weird countries u never heard before. and wines etc. think theres one very prestigious one that comes round only once every 2 yrs. cos one yr the fair will be here and the next at hong kong, before coming back here. eat till u drop. but admission is like 50 bucks and not very sure if the admission is opened to all.

i know this because my dad is in the food industry and he visited one of these before. even he raves about it. as for the singapore type, he just bluntly told me, dun waste time lah, go until expo to eat bak kwa?! :bsmilie:

But den u goto expo eat ALOT of bak kwa den different story liaoz. :bsmilie:

:bsmilie:

but the expo one is like pasar malam. alot of $1 or $2 individual items. so actually spend quite a bit

the international one is like $50 for a real international buffet...

wah lau, all this talk is making me hungry! :p

rather go Pariss or any other international buffet.

Actually for $50 would u prefer a 5* hotel buffet or a Expo buffet? Sometimes I wonder the logic behind all these food expo/food festival.:think:

so, this one at expo now is 'pasar malam' or 'intl buffet' type? i like to meet suppliers of food ingredients. not 'cooked food' like pasar malam. ask your dad pls?

wainism said:
food expos i think have 2 types

one is the local type. where u find all the major distributors of local food there. bak kwa, hotdogs, drinks, fried bee hoon etc. i wont even call it an exhibition. its just like a very huge food centre. hahaha. admission is usually free for these local fares.

the other type is the one that showcases INTERNATIONAL food, meaning food from like korea, germany, and all those weird countries u never heard before. and wines etc. think theres one very prestigious one that comes round only once every 2 yrs. cos one yr the fair will be here and the next at hong kong, before coming back here. eat till u drop. but admission is like 50 bucks and not very sure if the admission is opened to all.

i know this because my dad is in the food industry and he visited one of these before. even he raves about it. as for the singapore type, he just bluntly told me, dun waste time lah, go until expo to eat bak kwa?! :bsmilie:

reachme2003 said:
so, this one at expo now is 'pasar malam' or 'intl buffet' type? i like to meet suppliers of food ingredients. not 'cooked food' like pasar malam. ask your dad pls?
"pasar malam"

i went to the food expo last year. it wasnt that bad, but i wished they have more varieities of food that we normally cant get. from my memory, i think they had some taiwan food (mostly bbq food), beard papa (mmmm...), goats' milk, etc. i personally dont find it fascinating but i would really want to go again as i want to see what kinda food they have. however i cant find anyone to go with me this year as none of my friends is keen :dunno:
guess i rather go salad buffet at Sizzler this Sat :bsmilie:

thanks to all. i think i will give this a miss. when is the real one coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.