Asia Pacific airports sweep top places in worldwide awards

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
GENEVA, 16 February 2010 ― ACI World is pleased to announce the top performing airports in the annual ACI Airport Service Quality (ASQ) passenger survey. As a leading industry benchmarking tool, ASQ is designed to help participating airports to measure their improvement year on year, as well as to benchmark against their peers worldwide, within their region and in the same size category. A reliable monitor of airport service, ASQ is used by many airports as one of the key performance indicators of the airport’s service.

BEST AIRPORTS WORLDWIDE

1) Incheon (ICN)
2) Singapore (SIN)
3) Hong Kong (HKG)
4) Beijing (PEK)
5) Hyderabad (HYD)

http://www.aci.aero/cda/aci_common/display/main/aci_content07_c.jsp?zn=aci&cp=1-7-46^35015_666_2__

Personally I find HK better than Changi, it's a breeze to come in and out of it........

try to do that at the new Schiphol airport in Amsterdam (and you need to wait long for your luggage too), although the old Schiphol airport stood model for Changi terminal 1

HS

Why you have doubt on Changi Airport?? :dunno:

lousy baggage handling...if this is the better of the world's baggage handlers........i doubt the veracity of what they consider good service...

What I really like about Changi is speed of clearing immigration. No other airport I've been to can clear me within 20 mins, from the moment I stepped out of the plane.

What I really like about Changi is speed of clearing immigration. No other airport I've been to can clear me within 20 mins, from the moment I stepped out of the plane.

yes, in that, changi is unbeatable.

now if only they can sync their baggage unloading as well.. :D

on the bright side, can browse around dfs for a while.

yes, in that, changi is unbeatable.

now if only they can sync their baggage unloading as well.. :D

on the bright side, can browse around dfs for a while.

May be the reason why the luggage is 'not as quick'..... DFS.... :bsmilie:

But yeah.... been to a few airport. Changi is one of my Fav :thumbsup:

lousy baggage handling...if this is the better of the world's baggage handlers........i doubt the veracity of what they consider good service...

so have they lost or damaged your luggage previously?

but seriously, if you have travelled to many airports, Changi is really one of the much better ones.

My personal best experience at Changi was 10mins from the time i step off the plane, till the time I joined he cab Q. All this inclusive of a trip to the DFS and collecting 2 large and heavy luggage. That was in 2006, I think before they privatised the buggage handling

Budget Terminal was a longer wait like 30 mins.

Worse experience was, 1 hrs from the time I set out of the plane, till the time I reached the immigration counter, at Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, 2006. Luckily I had my Visa done in Singapore. As they only accept Kina at the immigration counter and the banks at the airport were still closed at 6am.

so have they lost or damaged your luggage previously?

but seriously, if you have travelled to many airports, Changi is really one of the much better ones.

dats y i said the better one among the not so good one...the baggage handling can be faster and better coordinated lor...haven lost my baggage yet (touch wood) but i've been made to wait 1 hour for my baggage...after i got my first.

wait till you try some European and worse....american "INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS"

and whats worse! WHAT DFS?!

its completely nonexistent!

This is just one of the examples how the local mentality do not treasure or appreciate our achievements :thumbsd:

dats y i said the better one among the not so good one...the baggage handling can be faster and better coordinated lor...haven lost my baggage yet (touch wood) but i've been made to wait 1 hour for my baggage...after i got my first.

Hahaha.... you didn't vote for P*A*P iszit :bsmilie:

So many times I use Changi and even buget terminal..... no problem ;)

wait till you try some European and worse....american "INTERNATIONAL AIRPORTS"

and whats worse! WHAT DFS?!

its completely nonexistent!

This is just one of the examples how the local mentality do not treasure or appreciate our achievements :thumbsd:
I agree! At Schiphol which I frequent often, usually you need to walk far away after the immigration (long queue also), then at the luggage belt, still have to wait at least 20-30 mins........and the proudly show on the airport TV's how excellent and innovative their luggage handling is! :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

They haven't been to Asian airports, even JKT and in India is faster! And its done by hand!

Ian's awards for the worst in the world.

LAX
Sydney
N'Djamena (Chad)
Maputo (Mozambique)

Ian's awards for the worst in the world.

LAX
Sydney
N'Djamena (Chad)
Maputo (Mozambique)

i haven't been to those, but clearance wise, heathrow has to take the cake. :bsmilie:

i haven't been to those, but clearance wise, heathrow has to take the cake. :bsmilie:
Hahaha you are joking! Heathrow is fastish compared to Sydney .. I've been stuck in SYD for 4.5 hours pre olympics and 3.2 hours post. It doesn't compare to the best in Africa though where at Maputo on time it took nearly 8 hrs to get cleared and 5.5 hrs to check in and that was with the bribe money flowing like water....

i think changi is still the top among others beside Incheon. i been to quite alot of airport in asia and find changi offer its customers full range of entertainment while witing for boarding. see, which airport offer to "massage" your foot for free with the helps of Osim or Oto ?? free movies with resonable big screen and PS2,3 gaming?? Internet free......?