Asia Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

festard

Aug 14, 2005
singapore, serangoon
melicacy.com
i know it's prolly the lousiest hotel in bangkok.. but yea..
jus wanna ask if there's internet in the hotel room? (wireless?)
and is the breakfast good? water clean?
my previous stay was at pathumwan princess hotel so its kinda like a far cry from asia hotel.. rite?

well
thanks in advance

i know it's prolly the lousiest hotel in bangkok.. but yea..
jus wanna ask if there's internet in the hotel room? (wireless?)
and is the breakfast good? water clean?
my previous stay was at pathumwan princess hotel so its kinda like a far cry from asia hotel.. rite?

well
thanks in advance

y u wanna stay there? its kinda inaccessible imho, compared to pathumwan... imagine MBK just downstairs... went there shopping, then go up put bags, down shopping again, then put bag... then another time at dunno where, was a long distance... next time i go sure look for hotels nearby there...

its a 3 star hotel iirc, water wise... everywhere should be the same, dun drink from the tap... was there more than 10 years ago... ok that time, since morning got intercontinental breakfast... then got chauffeur around...

Went Bangkok a month ago.

It may be 'lousy' but I don't really bother much since its right beside the Skytrain Station.

Asia Hotel, Bangkok ..... beware!
Many reported robberies from friends in Bangkok. Many years ago stayed there ... on the last day they took a long time to clear my room's bill and finally insisted that I drank the liqour in the bar (when I dont drink at all) ... then they show me that I filled the bottle with water ... what's a lame story. I said I dont drink and then they insisted that my "guests" drank it ... what guests? .... after half an hour, and with the pleas from the tourist guide, they "let" me go..... never stayed there again....:nono:

y u wanna stay there? its kinda inaccessible imho, compared to pathumwan... imagine MBK just downstairs... went there shopping, then go up put bags, down shopping again, then put bag... then another time at dunno where, was a long distance... next time i go sure look for hotels nearby there...

its a 3 star hotel iirc, water wise... everywhere should be the same, dun drink from the tap... was there more than 10 years ago... ok that time, since morning got intercontinental breakfast... then got chauffeur around...

well its a budget travel this time... only the two girls so.. yeah we decided to go on budget..
and it ain't that inconvenient there's skytrain!

Asia Hotel, Bangkok ..... beware!
Many reported robberies from friends in Bangkok. Many years ago stayed there ... on the last day they took a long time to clear my room's bill and finally insisted that I drank the liqour in the bar (when I dont drink at all) ... then they show me that I filled the bottle with water ... what's a lame story. I said I dont drink and then they insisted that my "guests" drank it ... what guests? .... after half an hour, and with the pleas from the tourist guide, they "let" me go..... never stayed there again....:nono:

oh my..
but how many years ago was that?

Well mine was about 3 yrs ago, I think it was ok, friendly staff, damn convienent bcos right beside the skytrain, anyway it just a few stop (think not nore than 2) to MBK...

Room was fine with me (spacious, cosy) cos I dun think anyone would spend most of their time in hotel room apart from sleeping, rather than out shopping and shooting.

well its a budget travel this time... only the two girls so.. yeah we decided to go on budget..
and it ain't that inconvenient there's skytrain!

i'm more niang than girls when i go holiday... hehehe... and when i shop... buy even more than girls... so if have to walk, have to go under the sun, i'll skip... hehe...

but further away also good, deter from buying more stuff...

There is a lan shop just beside hotel.It's beside the 7-11,you can surf there.
Rates are reasonable.
The skytrain to MBK is onli 1 stop away.

I heard it's v haunted. A few of my friends and dad's friends have been complaining. Also found out that there was a fire from the basement few years back. Not sure how true though. :confused:

Each time i went to bangkok i will stay at reno hotel near the National Stadium stop of the skytrain and opposite MBK. It is a convenient and popular little budget hotel. Prices 840B-1,180B ($21-$28) double; from 1,300B ($32) single.

asia hotel is lousy? then i am sure you have not tried those dark and old backlane hotel in that area. the place i stay is near indonesia embassy, cheap cheap only 800Baht per night include breakfast.

stayed there when i was in bangkok a few years ago...ok la normal hotel...didn't notice anything excessively bad...besides...can walk to MBK to shop....haha

Festard, don't stay at Asia Hotel, try the serviced apartments right next to it (ie. just as easy to get to Ratchathewi BTS station, about 2-3 min walk away). You can walk to MBK and Discovery Center / Siam Square if you want (10-15 min walk), or it's just 1 train stop.

http://www.evergreenapartment.com

Should be cheaper than any decent hotel, and it's quite nice, I've stayed there before. Based on their website, cheapest is 2600 baht per day, or just over S$100.

And, as you may know, Ratchathewi is on the same line that ends at Mochit BTS station, ie. Chatuchak market :)

i stay at first hotel 2 weeks back. i stayed in the old wing. and the place was decent. no fancy decor but the staff at the coutner would really be busy sometimes to respond to you.
5-10mins from Asia hotel which is at the BTS.

The breakfast wasn't that fantastic but it's cheap... $141 for 2 person 4 days 3 nights. you could get the new wing but i think would costs a little more but should be alot more better since they just built it.

But there isn't any internet access there either. the one internet you can get is the one at their lobby which is quite eexpensive if i can remember correctly. XXXbaht per 15 min.

DSCF0242.jpg

This is Reno Hotel...was in BKK last month, but stayed in another budget hotel behind the Reno Hotel, this small street ("Soi" in Thai) has a few budget hotels and guest houses, all are inexpensive and near to MBK shopping mall and Siam Square area.

I heard it's v haunted. A few of my friends and dad's friends have been complaining. Also found out that there was a fire from the basement few years back. Not sure how true though. :confused:

Come, share the haunted stories..!

Status
Not open for further replies.