Asia AutoSalon 2011.

Majority of the showcase booth were selling parts and services. I guess the only attraction was the drift and race queens. The drift is the standard around the carpark drifts, nothing fancy if you were expecting formula drift style though. $45 for 3 days is slightly too steep if you ask me.

Basically it's Lorraine singing, race queen catwalk, drift, then repeat 3 times for the entire day. Still thinking if I should go again tomorrow since there probably will be a lot more photographers for sat and sun.

my friend went today, took him a whole 5 min to cover the hall :confused:. He told me smaller than last yr (half the hall only) and lots of empty space. The fastest $15 that he has spent:cry:

Maybe you would get free tickets like 2 years ago? Btw what happened to SIN?

It's not a bad event to try out photography but if you're looking at car parts and race queens, not much to see really…for the general public, $15 is really a lot to pay for this. The drift demo was "OK", at least the Aussies were really darn good…the Japanese unfortunately so so only…that Every van? More like a comic than an actual drift vehicle IMO.

Anyways, it's not worth going all 3 day…They said there's more race queens over the weekend..how true i dunno…unless more people post photos that i didn't take today then i'll know…

But something to take note, lucky i went today because besides the Auto Salon, there's also the Robinson Expo Sale and the Gain City Expo sale at the SAME time side by side….so expect super crowded carper over the weekend…already today is sooo full and they closed a big portion for the drift…

Oh and don't expect like last time where the drift area is open for all to see..this year the sealed it up with seating so only ticket holders can get to see it.

Today is quite sad ...crowd is thin ...only a few models

i don't like to criticize.. but the magnitude of the showcase doesn't fit the name "ASIA autosalon".. i think the japanese drivers are laughing at it..

pls note that the ticket allows only ONE entry to the drift demo session for the day. so u gotta choose which session u wanna attend. sucks man.

pls note that the ticket allows only ONE entry to the drift demo session for the day. so u gotta choose which session u wanna attend. sucks man.
That's weird... is this a new rule for today and tomorrow?

We were allowed to enter for all 2 sessions yesterday (since first session at 12pm is for VIP/Media). Just show your "chop" to get entry, like going into the club.

That's weird... is this a new rule for today and tomorrow?

We were allowed to enter for all 2 sessions yesterday (since first session at 12pm is for VIP/Media). Just show your "chop" to get entry, like going into the club.

I just realised my ticket for yesterday was still fully intact.. there's no date and no chop or teared off parts.. does this mean i can go in again without buying new ticket? haha.
yesterday all the security did was see the ticket and just chop.. even go for the drift show also never tear away the drift part of the ticket..

they tore s portion of the ticket today when entering the drift demo area. so can only enter one time today.

Guess they were really slack yesterday cause there were not really any crowd at all. From what I know, you can bring yesterday's ticket to go into the drift area twice, since they didn't tear for yesterday's session. As for entering the expo hall itself, don't think it is possible. ;)

wasting money show no standard at all, car model babe not attractive nothing to show still need to pay for $15 WTF show is this

Pic1-9.jpg

Pic72-6.jpg

too crowded for me.. glad i didn't come... gonna watch transformers instead :p

:bsmilie: hahaha... Actually this year not that crowded as last year. :)

I went yesterday. Omg! Cannot believe my eyes! Models were really crappy! Whole plc so empty! So expensive! Bad! Wasted my time and money.

See Ur guys in 2013! ;)

Pic77-6.jpg

OMG..... AAS stands for Asia Aunty Salon ;"p Where did they find so many aunties? They have out-done themselves again

Luckily I took heed of my friend's advice n stay away from the show

OMG..... AAS stands for Asia Aunty Salon ;"p Where did they find so many aunties? They have out-done themselves again

There are quite a number XMMs too as someone had posted in Lights, action forum. For a whole day of shooting at $15, I guess nobody else is complaining ........ anyhow te pics posted by F1 do not do justice to the ladies .... sorry Bro. Btw, like you, I shunned the event ....... :)

Last edited:

depends on your taste :p

i like them older and more mature. like Tokyo! :bsmilie:

2013.... Not so long! Heard import nights in Dec! C ya boys! Hope no aunties!