ASAP: Birds birds!!!!!! What to do??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Angelus

Jan 5, 2005
Singapore
lord-angelus.deviantart.com
_MG_8806.jpg

ok... meet Ah Liao. My family and I found this little bird outside my block when we were walking to a temper. We took it home now. The back around the butt there is hurt and the wings look like got attack by other things may be bird...

_MG_8792.jpg

What kind of bird it is? It is a Yellow-oriole or black-naped oriole?

What to do with it?

How to heal it back? :nurse:

ok... One reason why I thinking of not being to the vet, is that I fear they will put it to sleep.

hi angel,
I recommend bring it to a vet.. you never know whether is it sick... better to check it with a vet.. you can slowly nurse it to health when the vet clear it... I dont think the vet will put it to sleep if it is healthy... make sure you give it water.. if it is not eating, you might need to force feed it... good luck... :)

@Lord_Angelus

Cute looking bird you got there. must be real lucky you manage to get it.

Firstly... is the bird eating or drinking whatever you are giving it? It might be too stressed liao. Advice to bring it to a vet to check it's initial condition first.

looks cute tho. :lovegrin:

i double support the bring to vet. I'm not kidding but you'll never know if it is affected by the avian flu. If it needs to be put to sleep it needs to be. Vets don't just put things to sleep any old how.

Lord_Angelus said:
_MG_8806.jpg

ok... meet Ah Liao. My family and I found this little bird outside my block when we were walking to a temper. We took it home now. The back around the butt there is hurt and the wings look like got attack by other things may be bird...

_MG_8792.jpg

What to do with it?

ok... One reason why I thinking of not being to the vet, is that I fear they will put it to sleep.

Hi can let me take a look at it?
If ok, please PM me. Thanks

looks like a young fellow.... check out the diets of the oriole and see if you can get it at the nearby birdshop.

Lord_Angelus said:
_MG_8806.jpg

_MG_8792.jpg

What to do with it?

think need to brush up on grammar & vocab... :sweatsm:

anyway, y dun u bring it to the vet, if they're really going to be putting it to sleep, they'll probably have a good reason behind it.

hi, i recommend u to bring to the vet. cuz last time i found a bird but fed it wrong food thinking that it eat the normal chicken food which is 'salty'. then it turns out that it has to take sweet stuff and cuz fed the wrong food, den the bird's legs went wobbly. also, u dunno if it has avian flu not. so better bring to vet. :)

i think its rather confirmed common iora.. the wings of this baby bird as seen in the video gave off this clue...

aiya if next few days never sick or anything, then bring to vet for re assurance lor...then should be ok..

Thats good... actually, no need to bring it to a vet.... there aren't many vets in singapore that looks at birds...... so far i know there is only 3 vets do that... Dr Hsu, Dr Gloria and the last one i forgot the name.

1) It will take how long for the featers to grow back?

2) Today he is actting abit strangely becuase he was like moving around the case and moving his head around like he saw something. It is ok? or he is sick?

3) It will take how long for him to grow big?

4) His body feels warm. He is ok? He is not having some fever right?

Your kid gets sick, you bring to doc.

The bird dont look too well. Bring to the vet....

Its not very expensive and wont cost a bomb.... so why not just bring to the vet and get all your questions answered? After all that's what vets are for.

Lord_Angelus said:

2) Today he is actting abit strangely becuase he was like moving around the case and moving his head around like he saw something. It is ok? or he is sick?

1) A few months. You sould see it growing corse new feathers soon. It will also test out its wings when there are more feathers. Make sure the cage is large enough for it to flap. Needs to excercise.

2) Its ok, they observe things in the house like any newborn

3) A few months

4) Yup, their body temp is higher then ours

If its eating ok, stool looks normal and is quite active, then it should be ok. Btw wat are you feeding it?

Lord_Angelus said:

Seems that he is normal..... the feather will grow back in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.