As new as a newborn

Status
Not open for further replies.

PicteePrincess

Feb 27, 2007
Singapore. (?)
Hey.

Im a very very newbie, very green and very interested in photography.

Is there anywhere or anyway i can learn more about photog and the uses of the cameras?

Is there any courses that i can attend?

=)):)

There's a whole lot of good stuff for people like yourself to read in this thread. But if you're as green as you claim, I'd bet you'd fall asleep before you finish page 1. And count yourself lucky for living in the digital age where you can take as many photos as you want and delete those you don't like without costing you a single dime unlike film. My advice for you is to reach deep into your pocket and go buy a decent camera & start shooting. Then come back and read more to understand.
Don't bother yourself too much about techniques at this point of time. The main thing to do is have fun doing it and learn from your mistakes.

Welcome =) Expensive hobby to pick up..hehe but fun & satisfying..try borrowing books from the library to read up first..

Hmm. Im currently using a normal olympus digital camera.

I tried usin a fren's DSLR and he got me hooked.

What are the best subjects to shoot for someone new?

Animals???
Birds???
hmmm there is alot of subject my friend for you to shoot.. Its all about what you see and what of your thoughts thats where u begin to click your shutter.. Remember to have a good composition to the pictures..

Every Picture tells a story.. We all photographers are the story tellers on every details and impact.. To you, your family, friends or to the community..

shoot everything! the best part about being new is everything looks fresh to your eyes. :)

Allo.. welcome to the club of overspenders haa

start with daily shots, shoot everything u see

then got time u can do some landscape or macro

u can join the photography class by SLCC

or u can ask ur friend to give u a free lesson,

shoot with ur heart :D

Another one bites the "SHUTTER"... :D Maybe you can try Wikipedia (for various definitions). That was how I got to understand about f/stop numbers and aperture size, etc...

As for what Cam to get, dun listen to anyone. Go down to a decent shop with lotsa brands and models, and run your hands and fingers through every Cam they have to offer.

Maybe you can try TK Foto - Richard (any other recommendations?). Old Uncle - maybe that's the reason he's so patient...

cheers

read widely from books, internet, join discussion groups, meet up fellow photographers or join a group of photographers to go for photoshoot together.. exchange pointers.. plus go to shop to try out yr cam first before buying.. eg tk photo Richard , get some1 who is patient to let try out the cam n lens before making yr purchases.. dun be pressure by salesman~~ cheers..

Hi...hi, welcome to the big family. As recommended by the freindly bros here, do read up more on photography first. Now before you consider jumping into the DSLR world, do consider the things you have to invest in first. Lenses, filters, dry cabinets are necessities and they do not come cheap. Just stick to what you have first and try polishing up your photography skills and start saving before considering jumping onto teh bandwagon.

As for what to shoot, you can try street, architectures, people or even macros. Well, we can always meet up to learn from each other if you want. Just sent me a PM. I'm just a newbie learning the art of photography too. :)

Hey.

Im a very very newbie, very green and very interested in photography.

Is there anywhere or anyway i can learn more about photog and the uses of the cameras?

Is there any courses that i can attend?

=)):)

Acutally i learnt alot from this forum and from some of the Csers :cool:

Welcome to Clubsnap, fianlly more people of my age group;)

Wow. Everyone is so super friendly.

Why hello everyone. Thanks for the suggestions, helps a lot! =)

I shall have to do a lot of reading, (and saving up!) and make full use of my present digital camera, before i get a DSLR, I guess. Cos Mum's against my new interest. jeez. :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.