article: PRs preferred over locals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! :thumbsup: We should be proud, Singaporean so helpful, providing job for people from other countries. We should always welcome them with open arms.

Hell ya Great! Jobs are for foreigners, NS for Singaporeans! :cheers:

We need Obama!

440px-Official_portrait_of_Barack_Obama.jpg

"Yes We Can!" :bsmilie:

welcome to singapore :)

i presume that most ppl would hate to cover for you especially when you're attending ICT...

Government dont bring in foreigners by the busload and force companies here to hire them.
Its the companies, both local and foreign that are 'subscribing to a culture' of hiring foreigners over Singaporeans.

The root of the problem lies with Singaporean bosses and managers - They start hiring foreign, foreign workers works hard and ends up in supervisory / manager level - then they start hiring their own kind, and the floodgates open ... and its a spiral.

Government dont bring in foreigners by the busload and force companies here to hire them.
Its the companies, both local and foreign that are 'subscribing to a culture' of hiring foreigners over Singaporeans.

The root of the problem lies with Singaporean bosses and managers - They start hiring foreign, foreign workers works hard and ends up in supervisory / manager level - then they start hiring their own kind, and the floodgates open ... and its a spiral.

first of all, i have nothing against foreigners, just an observation, if the boss is from a particular country, most of his/her subordinates are also from that country...

its common to have a department or section of the same origin... right now, we have a department full of Myanmar, many departments full of Chinese, a group full of taiwanese, majorities from Malaysia, and a handful of locals like me... :bsmilie:

first of all, i have nothing against foreigners, just an observation, if the boss is from a particular country, most of his/her subordinates are also from that country...

its common to have a department or section of the same origin... right now, we have a department full of Myanmar, many departments full of Chinese, a group full of taiwanese, majorities from Malaysia, and a handful of locals like me... :bsmilie:

u prove my point exactly ...
singaporean mentality - must be 'professional' and hire on merit,
foreigner mentality - help bring fellow countrymen to singapore

so...ur boss is from??? :bsmilie:

u prove my point exactly ...
singaporean mentality - must be 'professional' and hire on merit,
foreigner mentality - help bring fellow countrymen to singapore

hmm... think its just a observation, we cannot speculate that... there are also cases where locals shunt the jobs, and also cases where many locals have moved on to other sectors, anyway i have no issues... just work and get paid...

so...ur boss is from??? :bsmilie:

he is not local, and my section is a multinational group... :bsmilie:

My previous department too prefers PR and foreigners to Singaporeans.
Most of the Singaporeans are retrenched or resigned on their own.
Dept Manager say cut manpower, but not long after the Singaporeans left, hired foreigners. :dunno:

It's all business oriented.
1 local payslip can hire 2 to 3 foreigners.
Singapore Boleh! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
which is why i am migrating and having my son come back to singapore as a foregin talent

And i recount a very true experience of a MNC in singapore Agi***t suitated in Yishun. Singapore have this job rebate scheme wherebby gov will reimburse companies for each worker they have. Well, apparently, this MNC shutdown it's research center all over the world ( china, india) and offer the guys there the opportunity to work in Singapore. The reason that the local management give is that the Singapore research arm is spared from closing down b/c it's the best unit in the company. In reality, the company is taking advantage of what the singapore gov offers. Goddnes, that's where our taxes have gone to...to rebate MNCs so they can hire foreign staff. I bet that Agi***t is not the only company to have done so...
I just finished my reservist and my bunk alone has 2 TRUE blooded singaporeans where are still jobless after being retrenched...We have gone xenomaniaic ( the belief that all things foreign is good...)

I think it's pretty sad that we have actually come to this point whereby the PM makes such a weak assurance to it's people only YEARS after our complain. The FT is really a myth. What can these so called FT do that locals cannot? Do i really want to be served by China Chinese who cannot even speak english? My malay frens who cannot speak chinese how? We have foreigners writing in to straits times asking that local malay performance in Orchard road be done with english subtitles..( strait times dare to publish it somemore...). It's really WTF, don't these guys know the saying "when in rome, do as the rome do?" You dun go to a italian opera asking the actors to provide english subtitles rite?

Sigh...it's really sad when the sons of singapore are treated worse than PRs and FT...

which is why i am migrating and having my son come back to singapore as a foregin talent

And i recount a very true experience of a MNC in singapore Agi***t suitated in Yishun. Singapore have this job rebate scheme wherebby gov will reimburse companies for each worker they have. Well, apparently, this MNC shutdown it's research center all over the world ( china, india) and offer the guys there the opportunity to work in Singapore. The reason that the local management give is that the Singapore research arm is spared from closing down b/c it's the best unit in the company. In reality, the company is taking advantage of what the singapore gov offers. Goddnes, that's where our taxes have gone to...to rebate MNCs so they can hire foreign staff. I bet that Agi***t is not the only company to have done so...
I just finished my reservist and my bunk alone has 2 TRUE blooded singaporeans where are still jobless after being retrenched...We have gone xenomaniaic ( the belief that all things foreign is good...)

I think it's pretty sad that we have actually come to this point whereby the PM makes such a weak assurance to it's people only YEARS after our complain. The FT is really a myth. What can these so called FT do that locals cannot? Do i really want to be served by China Chinese who cannot even speak english? My malay frens who cannot speak chinese how? We have foreigners writing in to straits times asking that local malay performance in Orchard road be done with english subtitles..( strait times dare to publish it somemore...). It's really WTF, don't these guys know the saying "when in rome, do as the rome do?" You dun go to a italian opera asking the actors to provide english subtitles rite?

Sigh...it's really sad when the sons of singapore are treated worse than PRs and FT...

Last week got one China FT wrote to the Chinese newspaper criticizing our HDB policies, flat prices, agents, etc. Although it's the same complaints made by Singaporeans for years,
maybe the government will finally sit up and listen this time since it's being brought up by a FT :)

I'm head of my department and I'm local and I have engineers from India, Malaysian chinese, Phillipinos, and of course locals.

I do not care what colour is their skin, what religion they are practising, what language is their mother tougue, but I do care what quality they have, commitment and contribution to the dept and company.

I am still looking for new engineers and I have interviewed many locals and foreigners. I would prefer to hire locals, but often do I see, the locals worry about getting more pay than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.