Article : How to edit your Infrared photos,chapter 1(skintone)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 2

*for Infrared FireWorms v5b / Dibyo's full infrared / Harlim's v3 / Hoya R72 / Cokin 007

The "plus-point" for infrared in model-human photography are we can decrease/avoid the "un-wanted" colour, so our eyes will easily catch the POI when we capture the picute. So after we mastering "how to make the skintone" it's very crucial to mastering the next lesson, controling the environment tonal.

It's depend on you, everyone has different taste on what their making of. For this time, I'll show you my style :cool:

important point in my style :
consept must be suitable with the tone.
i'm not the type, who made "rojak" or "dangdut" (colourful) with their picture, coz in my humble opinion, it just make our eyes bcm blur while seeing the picture..and sometimes it makes us asking "where is the POI?" Infrared isn't only about the weird-tone rite?

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

consept : Fairytale
so it must(in my mind)...dreamy...soft tone...
and
what kind of fairy tale?
in my consept, it's like puting something old...so some part will dominate by brown and yellow

*taken with Nikon d70s(d70) | Nikkor 10.5 fish eye | FireWorms v5b | preset : skintone(to dark brown material)

after
_DSC3782-3.jpg

before
_DSC3782-2.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------​

1. Just like the previous tutorial, After load the picture, duplicate the image to prevent the photo. (Right click at the layer background)
a-1.jpg

2. Swap it (using Channel mixer..@channel blue : set red 100% + set blue 0% & channel red : set blue 100% + set red 0%)
b.jpg

3. Blue is only for the sky, so..better if you convert it (white rectangular at the layer) CTRL + I. Then, mask it.
c.jpg

4. Merge it (channel mixer layer + duplicate layer). It'll bcm channel mixer 1 layer, duplicate it. Set to COLOR. Use brush 20% white, brush it slowly until you get the white tone for the dress..(not once)
d.jpg

5. Make a hue/saturation layer. Saturation set to : -25. And masking for the skintone, brush 100%.
e.jpg

6. Merge it.Duplicate again. Use burn 20% and dodge 10%..in order to make the mood of the picture.
f.jpg

7. Merge it. Duplicate. Use lens blur filter (as usual, it's my style bro :7)).Make a masking layer, invert it.Masking...finish
*masking on the dress..so it'll looks like more dreamy.
*u may use curve or brightness/contrast as the addition.

best regards
Arif

*sorry, i've been quite busy

Thank you for sharing some of your magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.